• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest on JetBlue hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No wide bodies, FLICA will go away, Furloughs will happen, all A/C orders will be canceled, "We get it", "one more chance", we have a moat!

ALPA will be the death of JetBlue...

Would never be:
poor route planning, poor crew planning, launch customer for an unproven A/C, use of archaic crew tracking systems, decade old software, or the idea that we're all the same top to bottom? You can always run a company of 13000 just the same as one with 130 employees no problem. growing pains? more like grow up!

we'll see wont we, what will do the underdog in? poor managment or unions? You decide here on new channel 6!

Last edited:
Absolutely latest and greatest on hiring:

175 next year. That is a firm number that has been budgeted and planned for, and all rumors of greater numbers should be disregarded. Of course, that was the plan as of two days ago, so it's probably changed 14 times since then.

just upsets me to see everyone else growing and making a ton of cash while we pull back deliveries and raise the cost of benefits an unheard of %. Thats all.

Longhorn, How is JB not growing and making tons of cash? We just had our best Q ever and are taking 9 (ish) aircraft in 2010 and 9 in 2011. Who's growing faster by % of aircraft then we are?

I understand your frustration but you have to understand that growing to fast is what got JB in trouble in the middle of the decade. The reason all airlines are making money (in one of the worst economic times ever) is because of the pricing power caused by a reduction in ASMs. We will all be better off if airlines only grow where there is a need instead of trying to grow into already saturated markets in a attempt to steal market share. This is one of the major causes the wild up and downs that cause airlines to grow and furlough, grow and furlough.

I'm a rather jr Fo at JB and I want nothing more then to grow but I want it to be steady and stable long trem growth.

As for Health care, I agree that JB needs to do better and I think that is one are that we need/will to see improvment in our first ALPA contract. As a counter though, I use my wifes insurance (a large telecom that unfortunally's not much better then JB's) and our deductible's are doubling in 2011. The cost of health care is a national problem that isn't going away any time soon.

Longhorn, How is JB not growing and making tons of cash? We just had our best Q ever and are taking 9 (ish) aircraft in 2010 and 9 in 2011. Who's growing faster by % of aircraft then we are?

I understand your frustration but you have to understand that growing to fast is what got JB in trouble in the middle of the decade. The reason all airlines are making money (in one of the worst economic times ever) is because of the pricing power caused by a reduction in ASMs. We will all be better off if airlines only grow where there is a need instead of trying to grow into already saturated markets in a attempt to steal market share. This is one of the major causes the wild up and downs that cause airlines to grow and furlough, grow and furlough.

I'm a rather jr Fo at JB and I want nothing more then to grow but I want it to be steady and stable long trem growth.

As for Health care, I agree that JB needs to do better and I think that is one are that we need/will to see improvment in our first ALPA contract. As a counter though, I use my wifes insurance (a large telecom that unfortunally's not much better then JB's) and our deductible's are doubling in 2011. The cost of health care is a national problem that isn't going away any time soon.

Good post, and not picking on Longhorn....one of my boys, but who is growing faster than us...........other than VA?

CD

Latest resources

Back