• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest on JetBlue hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Longhorn, How is JB not growing and making tons of cash? We just had our best Q ever and are taking 9 (ish) aircraft in 2010 and 9 in 2011. Who's growing faster by % of aircraft then we are?

I understand your frustration but you have to understand that growing to fast is what got JB in trouble in the middle of the decade. The reason all airlines are making money (in one of the worst economic times ever) is because of the pricing power caused by a reduction in ASMs. We will all be better off if airlines only grow where there is a need instead of trying to grow into already saturated markets in a attempt to steal market share. This is one of the major causes the wild up and downs that cause airlines to grow and furlough, grow and furlough.

I'm a rather jr Fo at JB and I want nothing more then to grow but I want it to be steady and stable long trem growth.

As for Health care, I agree that JB needs to do better and I think that is one are that we need/will to see improvment in our first ALPA contract. As a counter though, I use my wifes insurance (a large telecom that unfortunally's not much better then JB's) and our deductible's are doubling in 2011. The cost of health care is a national problem that isn't going away any time soon.

Yes, deferrals blow, but my first observation was those 10 were to offset the surprise 6 airbii that we the later part of the year (which i don"t think we have all yet)......

Please, stop with an uplifting observation!!!!!! I prefer gloom and doom....... "MAKING SENSE" is not permeitted on FI.......

Good luck to the interview'ies........Once you sift through the haters that post, this is a good place to work, I've been happy (and a lil lucky). No, my DOH wasn"t '00 thru '04. Just a middle of the road FO that drives to the airline and the guard...........

Latest resources

Back