• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest on JetBlue hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
24 new planes in the next 23 months. Tomorrow is our quarterly announcement, so that will help take the guess out of those numbers and other deliveries beyond 2012.

We're short of crewmembers and needed them in the summer. We can't wait to see you all soon enough. Good luck.

On an aside, shake your heads in the negative when any question arises about your thoughts on unionization. It's a bad, bad thing isn't it? Answer, yes. Regardless of your true thoughts. You're paving your way to a bright future already.

Mercy...there is not a snowballs chance in heck that they would go near that subject in an interview. Even making chit chat, that is a big off-limits conversation.

From a friend in the training center in MCO, we are planning to hire approximately 1000 pilots over the next 3 years. 250-300 next year and 350ish the 2 years after. Of course that could change but that is the current plan from what I have heard.

Take our delivery schedule though 2016 and divide by 2 and we have a 60% chance of taking that many and a 0% chance of taking more.

1000 pilots sounds like pumping up the new hires in OSC.

Take our delivery schedule though 2016 and divide by 2 and we have a 60% chance of taking that many and a 0% chance of taking more.

1000 pilots sounds like pumping up the new hires in OSC.

Agree. By then a merger. Anyone who thinks different is naive......

Hey, just reporting what they are telling me....I hope it happens but I agree with the 60% of 50%.....thats the track record anyways.

We are in a time of record profits, record load factors, and record revenue generation. I have no doubt the company wants to hire that many people over the next 3+ years. That said, if predictions are true that our profits are to grow to 1 dollar per share by next year, I could see an acceleration of orders. If revenue slacks and profits do not keep increasing incrementally, then we could see orders deferred. I don't think its as easy as saying "we absolutely will or will not take "X" amount of airframes".

Last edited:
well, with more newbies...CASM will go down with the averaged newhire payrates. Plus, we've already taken it in the shorts with deffering so many orders over the last few years. It may be more cost effective to just take the ships than pay more penalties for delaying orders. I hope we're not too far behind the curve on hiring. We should have had a class of 50 in August.

With the airlines turning record profits, this is good for all of us. Just keep in mind, that this is the airline business. ANYTHING can happen on any given day. So when you hear predictions, whether from management, fellow pilots and employees, or even the local weather reporter, remember to add these 3 words......SUBJECT TO CHANGE. I am in no way trying to be negative here, but simply attempting to point out how volatile this industry can be.

I do believe, however, that this appears to be the crest of the wave. So let's enjoy the ride!

Latest resources

Back