• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue Makes History With Pilot POW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You're right. No other airline has ever had any problems like this at all. Nothing like the small-minded, such as those in the media, to make a mountain out of a mole-hill.

Yes, but according to Dave Barger, Jetblue has "earned" the RIGHT to grow.

If you're going to quote, quote correctly:

"When Air Force pilots go through that door they all look the same. When they come back they all look scared."

You misquoted it as well mr know it all. Rewatch it.

I love how JB f's up over and over again due to no contingency plans, and then rules are passed that hurt everyone else. Might as well call the 3 hr rule the JB rule.

Did you realize that of the 25 or so diversons to BDL that day (6 JB), a majority broke the 3 hr rule? That includes almost every airline in this country and some from others. JB just had the one that sat the longest, so we get that sweet free press.

The situation was a total mess. There were more diversions then gates in BDL, so no gates, the plane was trapped between 2 others on the ramp and couldn't taxi even if the CA wanted to (they missed there window to EWR because of this). The APU was failling every 15 minutes. Not making excuses but 7 hrs is so rediculous on every level but there is WAY more to this story then the fools on this site have any idea.

I will say they (the airport) should have required airlines to pull to a gate, deplane and push (empty), so another airplane (I don't care what company) could come and do the same as soon as the 20 something diverts approached the 3 hours.

Ty, just a heads-up, get used to seeing off-line alternates, especially when you're in a -300. :)

Also, COS is probably our most frequent off-line divert location, and they are excellent at handling us. The Jet Center does great work. Heck, it would probably be easier if we just made them a station already.

COS is fine, just don't send me to PUB. I heard we sent a diversion there earlier this year and PUB ran out of Jet-A. :eek:

We are required to declare an emergency and deplane at a certain point. Don't all airlines have this per the DOT rules?

We are required to declare an emergency and deplane at a certain point. Don't all airlines have this per the DOT rules?

Deplane how? The airport wouldn't give them a gate, airstairs, or busses.

Pop the slides. Whatcha think they would do in Whitehorse with a fully loaded 777 diversion in the middle of winter when the only set of stairs is frozen to the ground? They're gonna have to come up with something, and sitting on a broken airplane for a week isn't an option.

Latest resources

Back