• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is AT or SWA hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have to agree with GL. I see no bait in his posts. If I was a junior FO, especially on the AT side, living in the Atlanta area and looking at a west coast commute for several years, you're darn straight I'd be looking at Delta.
Cold hard facts is we are looking at 15+ year upgrades at this point. I would not blame any FO for making the jump.

Can you look into your crystal ball and tell me also what it says about growth? Also while your at it what do you think next years power ball numbers are?

I have to agree with GL. I see no bait in his posts. If I was a junior FO, especially on the AT side, living in the Atlanta area and looking at a west coast commute for several years, you're darn straight I'd be looking at Delta.
Cold hard facts is we are looking at 15+ year upgrades at this point. I would not blame any FO for making the jump.

So you agree that 2300 SWA pilots will leave for the legacies.

That will be agreeing with GL.

Nice to see you like to bet w others skin.

Are you giving out any good stock tips?

PS

I just want to make sure I understand you. You are saying they should leave a 150k plus yr. job to go be a new hire and chase an upgrade .

Can you look into your crystal ball and tell me also what it says about growth? Also while your at it what do you think next years power ball numbers are?

I just go off the info supplied to us by the company. Zero growth through 2015 and the 15% ROIC. I hope I'm wrong and we do grow like we were back in 2005.

Growth predictions? I'll put in my 2 cents. We will contract by 10 to 15 percent in the next several years.

If I was a junior FO, especially on the AT side, living in the Atlanta area and looking at a west coast commute for several years, you're darn straight I'd be looking at Delta.
Chad KXXXX, the plug at AirTran on 9/27/2010 (MAD), has 417 SWA pilots below him on the ISL. How does that correspond to any junior original AirTran FO spending years on the West Coast? Sounds like you have been listening to the Magnificent Seven too much. You probably should have talked to the ATN Merger Committee more to understand the SWA system better. They spent 18 months of their lives trying to understand it.

I will bet anyone $100 that less than 100 pilots leave SWA/AAI for United, Delta, American, or USAirways over the next 3 years.

Growth predictions? I'll put in my 2 cents. We will contract by 10 to 15 percent in the next several years.
I will put in my 2 cents. I predict 2% ASM growth for 2013. Wall Street is predicting a $725 million net profit for 2013. As long as Obama, Geithner, and Bernanke don't totally tank the economy, I bet SWA grows ASMs in 2014 by 3-4% (primarily through more seats per departure, not block hour growth).

Beginning 2014 will start to see some growth again due to DAL/Wright amendment going away.

Latest resources

Back