• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is AT or SWA hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SWA announced a flat fleet growth plan until at least 2015. So without additional aircraft, it doesn't look good for hiring. Retirements won't pick up until then either. Also, the training department is going to be busy soon. The latest training numbers SWA shared with us today is currently 193 AirTran pilots transitioned with 361 pilots to transition in 2013. That leaves about 1165 to go in 2014. So I think at least two years before a window opens again for SWA for those interested.

Is the SWA training department able to train 97 new hires a month, in addition to fulfilling the normal monthly PC, PT and upgrade requirements ? Has this ever been done before at SWA ?

SWA may hire in the next few years when and if the bottom third of their list decides to go to any of the three remaining legacies that will be retiring tons of pilots in the next 5-10 years. Wages are coming up, and QOL improvements should be there as people retire in droves.

I'm not slamming anyone here, just giving my opinion. LUV you guys!

Bye Bye---General Lee

SWA may hire in the next few years when and if the bottom third of their list decides to go to any of the three remaining legacies that will be retiring tons of pilots in the next 5-10 years. Wages are coming up, and QOL improvements should be there as people retire in droves.

I'm not slamming anyone here, just giving my opinion. LUV you guys!

Bye Bye---General Lee

A third of our seniority list?

To go to Delta?

I have flown with guys who have left Delta to come here. How many guys have you flown with that left SWA for Delta?

ZERO.

SWAdude,

I can guarantee that there will be SWA/AT f/o's that jump ship if they get the opportunity. Life is different here than it was a decade ago.

A third of our seniority list?

To go to Delta?

I have flown with guys who have left Delta to come here. How many guys have you flown with that left SWA for Delta?

ZERO.

Trying not to get hostile, but it sounds like you may have very few retirements (compared to all 3 legacies) which means stagnation is possible. The wages are increasing at the legacies, and that combined with better QOL thanks to tons of retiring pilots means the legacies will be looked at by Regional pilots, military pilots, and current LCC pilots. Timing is everything in this business, and all 3 legacies are getting healthier and pilots will be retiring in droves.

And those DL pilots who went to SWA back during the BK may be wishing they had not if they are stagnant now. We'll see.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Trying not to get hostile, but it sounds like you may have very few retirements (compared to all 3 legacies) which means stagnation is possible. The wages are increasing at the legacies, and that combined with better QOL thanks to tons of retiring pilots means the legacies will be looked at by Regional pilots, military pilots, and current LCC pilots. Timing is everything in this business, and all 3 legacies are getting healthier and pilots will be retiring in droves.

And those DL pilots who went to SWA back during the BK may be wishing they had not if they are stagnant now. We'll see.

Bye Bye---General Lee

So 2300 pilots are going to jump ship and leave a 150,000 dollar a year job on the table to go back on the bottom of the list with another carrier.

Proof positive. You can't be a pilot for Delta.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back