• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is AT or SWA hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Get on with HA or AK and you will be working for SWA in a few years. ;)

Except for the fact that it's not even remotely realistic for SWA to do a deal with HA for a variety of reasons and as far as AK goes, they would go for a much higher price than I would guess SWA would want to pay just to grow some more 737 domestic flying. Sure SWA can grow by acquiring airlines that want to be bought and go cheaply, but it's a whole different story if they think they can grow through hostile takeovers. For example, say they did decide to go after AK, AK has the finances to turn the table and go after them.

No they don't. Really, not even close.

I think you forgot to carry the 9.

I'm saying it's not cash on hand but the resources they could muster. I think AK could come up the finances to takeover SWA just as easily as vice versa. Remember Texas Air taking over CO? It's way more complex than any of us know, but I know SWA can't just plough through the industry doing whatever it wants.

The only way SWA (no more AT) would hire would be if the disgruntled pilots on this forum were to pack up and leave – “OH” what was I thinking they would be back to SQUARE 1 with a another company

SWA announced a flat fleet growth plan until at least 2015. So without additional aircraft, it doesn't look good for hiring. Retirements won't pick up until then either. Also, the training department is going to be busy soon. The latest training numbers SWA shared with us today is currently 193 AirTran pilots transitioned with 361 pilots to transition in 2013. That leaves about 1165 to go in 2014. So I think at least two years before a window opens again for SWA for those interested.

Latest resources

Back