IPADS to OO!

homerjdispatch

Gods gift to dispatch
Total Time
a lot
I heard from SkyWest that they are getting IPADS for... INFLIGHT!!! Thats right, the FA's are going to be issued IPADS for the manuals. I was told this by a senior inflight manager... Apperantly to many flight attendants are losing their manuals or are getting a lot of OJI's due to the weight of the manual. They expect it to improve performance numbers by measurable number......Discuss!

PBRstreetgang

Registered Abuser
Total Time
Total
I guess the new Jepp FD Pro with 10-7s and our subscription coverage means nothing though. It does make sense to have them have their manuals on iPads though.

Last edited:

IFLYASA

Total Time
I heard from SkyWest that they are getting IPADS for... INFLIGHT!!! Thats right, the FA's are going to be issued IPADS for the manuals. I was told this by a senior inflight manager... Apperantly to many flight attendants are losing their manuals or are getting a lot of OJI's due to the weight of the manual. They expect it to improve performance numbers by measurable number......Discuss!
Wow, they get an OJI from a 5lb manual, yet our OJI's for the 30lb flight bag holds no merit.

OCP

Total Time
eh...
I'm willing to bet this is untrue.

CLARKGRSWOLD

Total Time
9k+
Mesa has had iPads for a while. Glad you guys are finally catching up...

bmpilot2003

Registered Donor
Total Time
7k+
You posted this in the WRONG section! Mods please move this thread to the FA forum.

Last edited:

Erlanger

Total Time
13000+
1) Flamebait but I'll bite.
2) Since the flight attendants keep dropping their manuals you say, what makes you think they won't be dropping the iPads and damaging them so if that was the case I doubt the company would then give them iPads.
3) They're losing their manuals you say, so lets issue them iPads to loose too. Really?
4) Your down in HQ and so often do you fly? If you did, you would notice how rarely flight attendants open and use their manuals.
5) The only discussion regarding flight attendant manuals is the same as what the pilots already have now; a copy is in the airplane at all times and is updated and kept current by the company.

AntiJedi

Total Time
1) 5) The only discussion regarding flight attendant manuals is the same as what the pilots already have now; a copy is in the airplane at all times and is updated and kept current by the company.
If this were true, then there would be no reason for the F/A to run down to ops and print out a copy, but unfortunately, this isn't the case.

Max Q

ಠ_ಠ
Total Time
Eleven
I'm sure Skywest (and just about every other regional) is enjoying their 10-30% higher pay than Mesa across the entire payscale, which equates to about $5-10k more a year for FO's and $6-25k more for CA's.

Man, must suck for those guys knowing that they could've had an extra $15-20k of their mortgage paid down every year had they just chosen a different airline.

Bummer.

WAVIT Inbound

Total Time
Enough

Wait. Didn't Mesa require YOU to buy the IPAD? Really? You are touting that like Mesa is the greatest thing ever. If the company asks me to buy it in order to have it the answer will be thanks but no thanks. You want me to use an IPAD, you are paying for it.

No Delay

Total Time
4000+
Not me. I would buy my own ipad and give brad holt a hand job to get rid of this 50 lb flight case and the daily jepp revisions

mtsupilot376

happy to be alive
Total Time
Not me. I would buy my own ipad and give brad holt a hand job to get rid of this 50 lb flight case and the daily jepp revisions
Hahaha. Wow. I hate my bag just as much as you, but damn, that's pretty extreme.