• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IPADS to OO!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not me. I would buy my own ipad and give brad holt a hand job to get rid of this 50 lb flight case and the daily jepp revisions

Airside is just as good. Maybe if I still had to lug the flight case I would feel different. But with airside, screw that. I'm not buying an IPAD for them.

Not me. I would buy my own ipad and give brad holt a hand job to get rid of this 50 lb flight case and the daily jepp revisions
No kidding, them dang iPads are expensive, whereas the HJ is free and BH would appreciate the change from cornholing pilots and porking F/As.

Rampers are required to lift 70lbs maybe they could give you a hand?

You don't see 60-65 year old rampers. Not that it's difficult to ackwardly lean over and place a 30lb bag in the glory hole (cause they gave us proper instructions), but over time it's going to tap away and eventually pull those back muscles out of place.

I heard from SkyWest that they are getting IPADS for... INFLIGHT!!! Thats right, the FA's are going to be issued IPADS for the manuals. I was told this by a senior inflight manager... Apperantly to many flight attendants are losing their manuals or are getting a lot of OJI's due to the weight of the manual. They expect it to improve performance numbers by measurable number......Discuss!

That's stupid! And the CS agents and rampers get paycuts?
Improved performance numbers will be minuscule by this. Our performance numbers were better when we had our own CS/ramp working our planes, but those days are gone.

Last edited:
Back when I used to work at an airline cargo office, the NW rampers I had to deal with had to be at least 65!

Yeah, same with the old BZN NW rampers, old and slow Union(blech!) workers.

:laugh:We loaded and offloaded circles around those guys.:laugh:

Latest resources

Back