Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

homerjdispatch

Gods gift to dispatch
I heard from SkyWest that they are getting IPADS for... INFLIGHT!!! Thats right, the FA's are going to be issued IPADS for the manuals. I was told this by a senior inflight manager... Apperantly to many flight attendants are losing their manuals or are getting a lot of OJI's due to the weight of the manual. They expect it to improve performance numbers by measurable number......Discuss!

I guess the new Jepp FD Pro with 10-7s and our subscription coverage means nothing though. It does make sense to have them have their manuals on iPads though.

Last edited:
I heard from SkyWest that they are getting IPADS for... INFLIGHT!!! Thats right, the FA's are going to be issued IPADS for the manuals. I was told this by a senior inflight manager... Apperantly to many flight attendants are losing their manuals or are getting a lot of OJI's due to the weight of the manual. They expect it to improve performance numbers by measurable number......Discuss!

Wow, they get an OJI from a 5lb manual, yet our OJI's for the 30lb flight bag holds no merit.

Wow, they get an OJI from a 5lb manual, yet our OJI's for the 30lb flight bag holds no merit.
We only got airside when more than a few, COS guys went out on OJI.

1) Flamebait but I'll bite.
2) Since the flight attendants keep dropping their manuals you say, what makes you think they won't be dropping the iPads and damaging them so if that was the case I doubt the company would then give them iPads.
3) They're losing their manuals you say, so lets issue them iPads to loose too. Really?
4) Your down in HQ and so often do you fly? If you did, you would notice how rarely flight attendants open and use their manuals.
5) The only discussion regarding flight attendant manuals is the same as what the pilots already have now; a copy is in the airplane at all times and is updated and kept current by the company.

Latest resources

Back