• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IBT Lawsuit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We have given up plenty the last 7 years. Now it's time to get back. KR has lined his pockets with Gold and a GV. It's time to get Paid. And more then 30% like the Brain dead label bragging about on VUH.

The pilots have given up a lot for the promise from THE COMPANY that one day we would be rewarded. They have delayed as much as they can. Eventually they will have to follow thru on their promises. Which brings me to the lack of a raise for the office personnel. A lot of them sympathize with the plight of the pilots because, ultimately its effects them also. That is why they are willing to talk and let us know what is happening behind the scenes and I will quote "only 9 Options and 5 Flex pilots took the VSP. I guess that amounts to significant interest to Silvestro." I'm allowed to share as long as I don't use the author's name.

Last edited:
You were about to get "paid". You messed that up by believing in the 1108. No one has answered what you expect to get except for get "paid". What leverage do you have for the company to give you anything? I'm not going to sit here and defend any one individual, but I do not believe the Union will do right by anyone. Look the proposed SLI, that you guys are praising must be implemented. Wow, that was completely different from what was being proposed during negotiations. What a mess. It just breeds contempt between the two companies.

The pilots have given up a lot for the promise from THE COMPANY that one day we would be rewarded. They have delayed as much as they can. Eventually they will have to follow thru on their promises. Which brings me to the lack of a raise for the office personnel. A lot of them sympathize with the plight of the pilots because, ultimately its effects them also. That is why they are willing to talk and let us know what is happening behind the scenes and I will quote "only 9 Options and 5 Flex pilots took the VSP. I guess that amounts to significant interest to Silvestro." I'm allowed to share as long as I don't use the author's name.

Your facts are out of context. The 9/5 numbers are the pilots that have been released so far. More have tentative dates. There are many MANY more on the list. I only speak for the Flex side.

You were about to get "paid". You messed that up by believing in the 1108. No one has answered what you expect to get except for get "paid". What leverage do you have for the company to give you anything? I'm not going to sit here and defend any one individual, but I do not believe the Union will do right by anyone. Look the proposed SLI, that you guys are praising must be implemented. Wow, that was completely different from what was being proposed during negotiations. What a mess. It just breeds contempt between the two companies.

Any what are you doing? Just trying to breed contempt. I will acknowledge that I don't have the negotiating prowess to reach an equitable individual bargain with Kenn. What some of these pilots are willing to accept, at this point in their career, is shameful. This whole mess falls squarely in the lap of Kenn himself.

Your facts are out of context. The 9/5 numbers are the pilots that have been released so far. More have tentative dates. There are many MANY more on the list. I only speak for the Flex side.

But right there you prove the bull******************** of the furlough.

Everyone, just logically think for 1 minute.

If 80 took the VSP, and 14 have been excepted and released thus far that leaves 66 pilots with future dates.

So why furlough right away? Why not expedite the release dates of the VSP? My understanding is the furlough has caused fleet operations issues on the Options side. Issues that could have been mitigated with a more thoughtful approach to any of the companies claims of financial losses. No wonder they are losing money (if you really believe that BS) because they are apparently foolish and hasty.

I'm so flabbergasted to see even strong union supporters blame the Union for this issue. I support a Union because I have seen the ridiculously rash way this management team operates. In my opinion given the blatantly obvious manipulation this VSP debacle was, it is clear management sent us all up the river in their game of chicken. The Union had to do what it had to do. They have a legal and ethical responsibility to long held interpretations of federal law or else otherwise they could be liable and sued themselves by individual pilots.

If the union did not do what it did in this case, do you realize every single remaining pilot could sue the union for breach of duty? Did you not read the judges order? He basically explains that very issue as a support for his ruling. The balance of remaining pilots (far more than a handful who were abused here by management) must be Considered regarding the refusal to exercise the CBA in the interest of their members. Did you read that any differently?

I know it sucks to be furloughed and lose the VSP option you thought you might get but have you considered a.) This isn't over yet and b.) You possibly have a class action lawsuit against Silvestro and Ricci personally for fraud and personal damages outside of the Union issue.

It came to me when reading MG's post on VUH. What these executives have done to you personally with disregard for your lives all in the name of ridding themselves of a union is unconscionable. Maybe that's the direction you should be positioning your anger and effort. Fraud is criminal and doesn't Cuyahoga County have a sympathetic DA? Just thinking out loud. Maybe you could do a class action civil suit (seperate from union matter) for fraud and seek damages. These aren't union or RLA issues but rather a personal claim. The track record of lies and ruthlessness is on your side.

V1 you say the Flex guys outsmarted the options guys on the SLI, but your not a IGM. You prefer brain dead label pilot over me. MR I got my 30%. But your not a IGM. As blatantly harsh as I am I have always argued for equality for everyone until recently. I say what everyone else is thinking kinda like TRUMP. When I am sitting talking to a group of pilots on the road, Netjets, TMC, XO guys. A lot of them make me look mild on how they speak of Flexs arrogance and stupidity at the same time. Oh and I will never give up the Booze or heavy Metal maybe you should try it. Get away from the TEXASS TWO STEP.

Missmypilot very good points however I still believe that the union could have signed off on the VSP the way it was presented instead of fighting for a BETTER DEAL, I feel the deal was more then most of the ones looking to leave deserve in the first place. Why couldn't they have LOA it sign off and be done with it? It has really hurt the support even union supporters didn't agree with the decision but again won't speak out publicly. I'm glad the judge ruled in favor of the union I just think that's a battle that could have been avoided

I have read these boards for years and have never said anything. I have seen and read the contemp that people have for this management group. Like I mentioned before I am defending anyone, I am just stating the way I have seen it over the last few years. On my end nothing has changed. Promises of better times and growth have been stated, but this is aviation they always say that. My paycheck hasn't changed. My schedule hasn't changed. All of this under this hateful, POS management team right?
Let's say we would have voted the 1108 out. Did everyone think we were going to lose our jobs? Immediate pay cut? Schedule change? 401 k loss? Why would he do that? In fact the 401k got restated for some and if we voted them out we were all getting a raise. Oh yeah, with the implementation of this Union, my job is on the chopping block due to possible furloughs.
Go ahead rip my head off and tell me how short sighted I am. From where I'm sitting I don't see this doom and gloom. Seems like every darn aviation management group out there.

Orion just asking a question here. Do you believe anyone would have received a raise if union vote failed? Their furloughing pilots!!! Maybe there would I been a small raise maybe not. But with no contract and furloughs I smell a paycut. KR hasn't given office people, Mechanics, Flight Attendants, anyone a raise in 15+ years why would he give the Pilots one?

Latest resources

Back