I recommend Palwaukee Flyers!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
T2S,
I assume you are joking, as I really doubt that with the aircraft you have flown you have any connections at any corporations in the Chicago area.

You are quite amusing however. And Jim knows me, and knows exactly what I think of him.

That's ok, cause I know everyone in Chicago and I'll put them on the alert for you.
T2S...F***ing with somebody's career like that, even joking about it, isn't a funny matter.

T2S...F***ing with somebody's career like that, even joking about it, isn't a funny matter.

Neither is slandering a perfectly fine flight school just because you didn't like the owner, his dog, or his training syllabus..... go back to your Cessna, Dougie.

T2S

P.S. Palwaukee Flyers has more CFI-to-Regional Pilots than any other Chicago area flight school. It's fact!

Getting a little defensive there Time2Spare, must be some truth to what these guys are saying. I can see if it was one person, but it seems many folks have a problem w/ this company. Their accident record certainly doesn't help their cause either.

Getting a little defensive there Time2Spare, must be some truth to what these guys are saying. I can see if it was one person, but it seems many folks have a problem w/ this company. Their accident record certainly doesn't help their cause either.

Defensive!? Surely you must be joking. We've already established that I'm not Jim, I have no dog in this fight, I don't work for the FAA, and as one poster put it, I'm just some happy regional pilot.....what could I be defensive about? And as far as accident records go, I'm sure there is plenty of mud worth slinging at many Chicago area flight schools. I've read some of the accident recaps of Palwaukee flyers and most of them sound like stupid pilot/instructor decisions - not bad aircraft or questionable maintenance as some have suggested. Of course Jim does hire from a certain school almost exclusively so maybe the problem stems from there?

SIUCAvflight anything to add? Cambereffect? Samballs?

I didn't think so.

T2S

Defensive!? Surely you must be joking. We've already established that I'm not Jim, I have no dog in this fight, I don't work for the FAA, and as one poster put it, I'm just some happy regional pilot.....what could I be defensive about? And as far as accident records go, I'm sure there is plenty of mud worth slinging at many Chicago area flight schools. I've read some of the accident recaps of Palwaukee flyers and most of them sound like stupid pilot/instructor decisions - not bad aircraft or questionable maintenance as some have suggested. Of course Jim does hire from a certain school almost exclusively so maybe the problem stems from there?

I didn't think so.

T2S

Did I call you Jim? No I did not. I'm also not joking. Just out of curiosity- why are you so gung-ho about this place?

I didn't think so.

T2S
What about the night N11239 crashed in Buffalo Grove. Jim had one of his new instructors at DLL and would not allow him to fuel up there due to the cost of 100LL, he then bullied his new instructor through the threat of firing him to fly the plane back. Being new and scared of losing his job the instructor flew back at night and ran out of fuel 6 miles NW of the airport, the instructor broke his wrist, and the student walked away, luck to be alive. The instructor wound up getting his commercial certificate taken away from the FAA. I will attach the pictures of the wreckage.

I could get into every accident that the place has had with you, they average 3 or 4 a year. How many does a company like Windy City, or American Flyers have a year? Both Chicago based flight schools.

Here is the thread, look what everyone has to say about this place.
http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=37950&highlight=beware+of+this+flight+school

And the crashed airplane, nice job jim, way to push a young kid around into doing something dangerous.

http://rides.webshots.com/album/346689455hvGbIE

Neither is slandering a perfectly fine flight school just because you didn't like the owner, his dog, or his training syllabus..... go back to your Cessna, Dougie.
These people are relaying their experiences. There's nothing wrong with that. This flight school sounds like it needs an audit from the Feds.

Latest resources

Back