• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flechas,

Where do you work, Air Desert Pacific?

Hey Mung,

I imagine that the past few weeks have been pretty rough on you. Hang in there man, just think you could be back down here flying the bug smashers screaming right rudder....:)

Don't get burned out man, it's a job flying a plane.....and that's a lot more then a lot of people out there can say.

FlyChicaga said:
Dude, what a tool. Spoken like a true future scab. This is why many regional pilots can't pay their bills without racking up mondo credit card debt, because people like you will work for free.

I'm a VERY easy-going guy, but this is getting ridiculous. :mad:

[/soapbox]

How does him saying he'd do the SAME job for the SAME pay as the original poster make him a "tool"? He didn't say he'd "do it for less", merely that he would do it "as is". Now if, in your estimation, he is indeed a "tool" for offering to make this straight-up job swap, then there's no escaping that you must believe the original poster to be a "tool" also, since after all he's doing the job right now. Therefore, it follows that in addition to the original parties involved the entire pilot group at that airline must be classified as stark-raving "Tools" by your Tool Barometer as well. Furthermore, pilot groups anywhere working under similar conditions must be similar types of "tools". Ask yourself, are you a tool?

Hey Flechas,
Before you go and start up a fight you won't win, think of this:
MOST OF US HAVE BEEN IN YOUR SHOES ALREADY!!!!! HOW DO YOU THINK WE GOT TO THE AIRLINES?!!!
So playing the violin about how you wish you had our job will not work.

Mung

Have a few more drinks and tell those fu@kheads in scheduling to piss off!!!!

We'll talk soon!!!

Re: easy there guys

"flight instructing for $10 an hour, and washing airplanes and cleaning plugs in my spare time for $8 an hour, this being said, i spend between 10 and 14 hours at the flight school, with no days off(yes, NO days off exept when there's no work, which only happened in june, other than june i had 2 days off in the spring and so far 2 days off since july, and i dont mean days off other than weekends, not even weekends off), and make an average of $1000 a month."

You do this voluntarily, flechas?

Let's see, July, 31 days, 2 days off=29 days of work.

Using your low estimate of 10 hours/day at the airport to make up for possible weather, that works out to 290 hours for the month.

And you say you average $1000 a month?

$1000/290 hours= $3.45/ per hour.

I really don't mean this a personal attack but you ARE NOT "paying [your] dues the way it should be done", you are being taken advantage of, and I beg of you, wake up!

With a job like that I can see how Mung's situation could sound appealing.

Holy Jeez, I've finally made it! I actually have a day off for them to take from me!!!!

Last edited:
shamrock:
i said average, not july, july was better than average, which compensates for bad months such as june, which i was only able to fly 5 hours and work in the shop some other hours, for a grand total of $300. and beleive me, i'm not enjoying this particular job, i know i'm being taken advantage of, but i prefer to do this than get a desk job and not get flight time and enhance my flight experience, i don't want to give up and want to keep going forward, while at the same time making enough to try to make a living and pay debts slowly. and it's not like i dont look for more jobs, when i have time i do send resumes, but like you all knoe out of 150 that i sent in June i only got back 3 "no thank you".

acaterry:
i am not trying to pick up a fight, and im not trying to fix anything by playing the violin like you said, i dont think anyone here is doing that, including mung with his original post, i was just doing the same he was doing, trying to share the situation, not like you airline guys dont know it, cuase like you said, you have already been in my shoes, so i thought that you guys would understand.

Catyaaak:
right on man, thanks for understanding and not attacking

everybody:
chill out, do like 8hour pilot, he's got the rigth attitude, he understood the situation and put a good perspective to it. we all come here for support and encouragment in some way, we all share the same dream, lets not try to pick in everything everybody.

keep up the good work and fly safe!!

Flechas

Hey Flechas,
Wow, dude, did you hit a sore spot. The last time I saw that sort of imflamation antibiodics were administered. I think everyone is clear on where you stand now, and thanks for clarifying it. But if you're asking yourself, "self, why did I get that kind of reaction?" remember that your venting to a tough crowd right now in a tough economy.
The truth is, I can't think of any other profession where the candidates go to school as long, borrow and steal so much, and then yield virtually nothing for the first SEVERAL years. Yes we do what we love, but we have families, bills, student loans and a drinking habit to tend to. Frankly, there are limits.
Perhaps in the future you should post something like: "Golly, Mung and many other colleagues of mine have an icky quality of life, and are frequently violated in the Xerox room Don Carty style... Why tomorrow, I'm going to march in to work and tell my boss that I refuse to perpetuate this sort of abuse, even if he does believe that allowing me to push pieces of sh!t through the sky and live off of government cheese is somehow doing me a favor."
I think it'll be then that you'll prompt a more respectable response from your colleagues, as it was the ones before us who subscribed to the "I'll drop to my knees for government cheese" philosophy that keep us in the sub-poverty tax brackets...
Wow, I feel better already. Thanks for listening.
Jason

Mungusaurus said:
...I feel more and more worthless in this job everyday.
The sooner you realize this the better off you are!!! We are just employee numbers and I'm content with that. If you think you matter to aviation, youre blind.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back