Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Mungusaurus

I'm happy:)
Okay guys and gals Mung is fed up with all this cr@p.
I called in sick yesterday for today (I have a cold) so I call tonight to tell them I will sit reserve as scheduled tomorrow if I am last on the list, I am promptly told I am sitting on reserve away from my home base and should be travelling there tonight. So I call in sick for tomorrow too. I then call back to ask when they were planning on telling me I had to travel today, I am then informed I never checked out yesterday, I did and spoke to two people in scheduling and neither one informed me of this small detail.
So its now my fault and I now probably have to travel tomorrow to sit res on monday away from my base, and use tuesday (a day off) to travel home. On top of this I DIDNT GET PAID YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Somebody tell me this is the way all companies treat their employees so I know I have to get used to it, if not I am looking to get the F@@k out of here ASAP, anyone know if the local port-o-let cleaners are hiring!
I'm just venting ,im pi$$ed about the 26th and I feel more and more worthless in this job everyday. Any one else want to vent use this thread, thanx for listening, Mung.

Well Mung, that's pretty screwed up, I'll give you that. I really don't see how they can deadhead you around the system on a sick day. But you guys are contractless, aren't you? At least scheduling knows they're screwing with you when it's all spelled out on paper.

Mungusaurus said:
Okay guys and gals Mung is fed up with all this cr@p.

I don't totally understand the problem as described but here are some thoughts. Calling in sick frequently is a sure sign of burnout. For company purposes you're either available to fly or not available to fly due to illness. I wouldn't negotiate being last on a list with them. You're either well enough to fly or not. Most companies start your duty time when you leave your base and end it when you return to your base. Since you work for a non-union carrier (Colgan?) they can pretty much take your days off at will. I had the same thing happen at a place I used to work at. They called on a day off and said I was junior manned for a flight that night and had to deadhead from DC to Kennedy and needed to be at DCA in two hours. I told them it would take at least 10 hours to get me back from Hawaii. :D As much as it's tough to work there it might be better to keep looking for work somewhere else and then leave at the first acceptable opportunity. Give them 2 weeks notice and wish them good luck with their airline. They're going to need it.

Happy Pilot GIrl:

Ahmen sister, I couldn't have said it better myself!

easy there guys

i never said that i'd work for free, i'd never do that, or PFT for that matter, all that sucks. i said that i'd take that job anytime because i rather be flying a 1900 with those working conditions that flight instructing for $10 an hour, and washing airplanes and cleaning plugs in my spare time for $8 an hour, this being said, i spend between 10 and 14 hours at the flight school, with no days off(yes, NO days off exept when there's no work, which only happened in june, other than june i had 2 days off in the spring and so far 2 days off since july, and i dont mean days off other than weekends, not even weekends off), and make an average of $1000 a month.
now, you people tell me if you would not take that job instyead of mine, and i still love my job because i love flying, and i will never give up regardless of the economy. but given my position i'd deadhead anytime in my day off to fly a 1900. but dont take me wrong, im completely against PFT or working for free, thats why im instructing, 'cause i'm paying my dues the way it should be done, with hard work, that way when i make it big i'll trully enjoy it and know the real taste of getting there.

enough said, i wasn't trying to be critical to Mungusaurus, i understan his position because everybody want a better working condition (i'm sure a CFI that doesnt have a job would say that he takes my job anytime if i complain).

fly safe and chill out

Flechas

Latest resources

Back