• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mungasaurus
(cool handle by the way, especially in a munged up industry like
ours)

A year ago feb, a sked person sent a letter to the crew room instructing all of the pilots that They were responsible for their
skeds, not crewsked, and that all pilots needed to call crewsked
at 0430 to find out if their sked had been changed...this was the result of crewsked f*&$#@ng the pooch and leaving a flight uncovered...pretty funny in retrospect, because one skeduler was
telling crews to go home due wx cancelations in STL, while another sked person was frantically trying to cover this other flight!

Most of the pilot group is still here (unfortunately) but the guilty
sked persons have moved on to more prosperous activities...yeah, we don't have a contract...can't even get a union to talk to us cause we're sooo smalllll...and our paychecks(?) can't handle another deduction!

Vent on dude, we don't need anyone going postal! Just float your nighquill over about four or five inches of bourbon in a tall, ice filled glass, let it get really, really cold and drink rapidly...might want to be standing over the toilet if you aint used to it!

Yeaachhh!

P.S.

I've heard fedex pilots whine about their jobs, but I think that the
best one was "I run the world's most expensive daycare center"
from the former CP at Midway.

One of the biggest problems in this industry is there are just too
many of us that want to be "airline pilots". With the conditions the way they are i'm surprised anyone makes more than $30k per
year! Even more surprised that an airline that is begging concessions to avoid bankruptcy can pay the ceo $82M to vacate the Premisis!

Most of my sympathy goes to the TW guys...boy, was that an add for how much good the union(s) are! "Two great airlines, one great future." BS That 82M would have kept TW running for quite a while!

We all lump it...everytime we sound happy and professional on
those incipid in flight anouncements, apologize for the delay at
the gate or what ever and lie about trying to make some of it up in the air!

acaterry

if you have been in my position, then don't call me a tool, PFTs are tools, i work my ass off to try to make the rent and debt payments, which maybe your didn't have to cause your dad's an MD, well, mine is not.

god bless!

PS. by the way, i dont dislike anyone around here, i bet we all could have a few beers together and have apleasant time!
seriously

i've read the scoop and frankly, many of you didn't convince me that FLECHAS deserved the pounding he took.

my perspective, this industry sux, and i'm looking for ways to leave my lover, the one ,that made me go down on her so many times. yeah, this toxicating stinking profession deludes one into thinking follow your dreams , all the way up to 350.

FLECHAS, is simply a young guy who has inhaled alot of 100LL, and when he's sweating and doing his run up, thereby delaying us all, he's sees us taxiing up with our mean regional machine.

he's just a guy with enthusiasm, and it will take it to right where we are now, into a cesspool called airline flying. there are so many jobs i could do for 30 grand and stay at home, its fricckin ridiculous. I plan on officially signing off when i do hang it up.

Mung is right , it sux, crap it sux for the Alleg. guys and piedmonters who're getting screwed, it sux for basically everybody, even the fo pay at chatauqua with their new TA is a basically for a live at home or at the girlfriends(sorry aileron or happypilot girl with your pert little A$$) place.

Flechas just has a little unbridled enthusiasm. He'll change when the bills start coming due and kids want a new pair of shoes.

belchfire said:
Even more surprised that an airline that is begging concessions to avoid bankruptcy can pay the ceo $82M to vacate the Premisis!
Funny you mention this; has anyone ever heard of a company filing for bankruptcy just to get out of their contractual agreement with their CEO? Of course not. They're all like that "For Love or Money" show, where the hot chick gets the mil the winning dude must give up to have her! "Sorry boys, we need pay concessions from you so we can make executive payroll this week!"

nothin' funny about it. Same goes for the exec types at all those
toy companies that get bonuses for keeping the company in the black...except to do it they sent twenty-five thousand jobs to China...and put potential passengers in the welfair line.

i work my ass off to try to make the rent and debt payments, which maybe your didn't have to cause your dad's an MD, well, mine is not.

Let's see......
1. 8 freaking years in the USMC, including a war
2. 5 years as a CFI IN ARIZONA sweating my a$$ off for 500-600 bucks a month
3. Dug holes for the city of PHX
4. Finished college
5. Sole income for my household

Eat a car battery you numbnuts! I worked plenty hard. I earned what I got. My father taught me a good work ethic. The last thing I have tolerance for is a nickel-and-dime punk telling me about the position I am in, when you know NOTHING about it. Then you have the nerve/stupidity to say that I should see what it's like to be in your shoes? That I never worked for what I have attained?
I worked long and hard for it. And I despise people like you who will have it compromised so you can ejaculate in your pants over "flying a jet". Do the world a favor and staple yer pie hole closed!

Latest resources

Back