I need a new job!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mung,
Thrillled to see your post, can't wait to see you guys on Saturday!

Chperplt,
Dude, that's classic... Whoever thought there'd be such sentiment to that one... Remember that story, Mung?

Belchfire,
You gotta come have one with us...

Flechas,
(In my best Jerry Springer castmember character) Talk to the left Brutha, 'cause it still aint right... Love ya' anyway, you goofy F#ck!

ERAU_Girl,
Sweetie, can you please bring the captain and I some coffees, thanks, love...

Jason

about that beer

flechas,

you're all right! dude! I'm a cheap date, so i order by the pitcher.

ERAU girl, you've got it , too. laugh a little, by the way ,are you the one with the pert little a$$, i can't keep you or happy pilotgirl straight?

Beer and wings for everybody!!

climbhappy,
i'll buy the pitcher and the wings (as long as we eat between 4-7 pm!!)

jason,
you can come along, you'll like the place, the beer and the music, and you will love the company ;)

fletchas
read the numbers
try 2500 h and 4 years instructing ( wash, gas, tow ( acualy at that time the rich boys tipped ) file papers and do what ever the fbo gods wanted me to do.
If fou drop a zero from the mins and mora you got to be in the ground

In 1988 hiring mins for DAy VFR single engine 135 was
2500h total
ATP
500 multi ( dont ask me why)
500 ifr
500 night
to fly a lance in southern cal

times were different then

tiktak

i get your point.
but the fact that you did this and wanted a better job (which i imagine you did) doesn't mean you were a tool, or does it? not that you called me that, but there's my whole point.
BTW, is your company hiring F/Os from here?

flechas

ps. you wanna join us at the bar?

Flechas

The company has an ab ibito program

All the future pilots are screened and undergo english, pycholgical and math testing.
Selected candidates recive theire primary flight training and then start sitting in the jumpseat as 2nd officer for about 2 years.
During this time they complete there instrument and commercial certificate. After 2 years they have about 180 h.
Then they recive there type rating in the equipment.
It takes about 30 sim sesssions for them to pass the type ride.
The cost is unemportant because this is part of the entitelment coupled with the aircraft purchase.
then they start flying as first officers, with a lot of limitations.
For the first 2 years on line they are not allowed to fly below 10000. after that they are only authorised to land with the autoland.
After about 10 years they upgrade to capt.
Hope this helps and you see what kind of work I have cut out.

in jet the only time you use rudder is during the takeoff and landing roll.
In flight only during assymetrical trust.
If you fly a sweet wing with rudder the flight atendends will hate you and no more meals or coffee. only prezels and peanuts.

tiktak,
i was kidding about the job, but thanks fpr the info anyway, i know some people from asia and kinda had an idea of how the hiring goes.
i knew about the rudder, but im sure that if rudder was needed in the jets you would have to be screaming Right Rudder! to those F/Os.
best of luck and hope things get better for you.

flechas

Flechas,
Just to clarify: I did not call you a toll over the job you had, nor the hours you had, nor the wanting a better life. What got me going was the way you told us that "we should try being in your shoes" and that we had no reason to be upset with the trend that is developing within the airlines toward their pilot groups. We had a long hard road to get where we are, and when someone is willing to make the job less rewarding in terms of work rules and compensation, we get mad. Especially when the ones who are doing it are willing to do it for so little just because "they want to fly a jet". My stipulation was that instead of lowereing the standards, which inevitibly lowers the reward, that perhaps these people can work a little longer and harder to make it to the airlines. Just because someone wants something does not mean that they deserve it.
The tone you seemed to be coming on with was the typical "oh then I'll be happy to do it, I'll even do it for less". If this is the case, I stand with what I said. If I somehow misinterpereted what you said, then I'll join in on the beers.....as long as it's not Michelob.;)

acaterry,
no hard feelins here, and don't worry about the beer, you pick it, just let me know when you are coming down here, ill buy the first round!

flechas

Latest resources

Back