Future Price of Oil ??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow,
I didn't know the Saudi Arabian attempted bombing wasn't a refinery it was the ABQAIQ GOSP (gas and oil separation plant).

This facility handles more oil than any other facility in the world. If they would have succeeded in taking off 2-3 million barrels of oil/day we'd be seeing 100.00/barrel.

Luckily the Saudi's have serious security for the Abqaiq facility.

Jet

Last edited:
jetflyer said:
I wish the attempted coup of Hugo Chavez two years ago would have worked!!!

Jet
Maybe they can send the goshjet whiners.

Here's more info on the attempted bombing of the Abqaiq GOSP:
From the BBC:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4747488.stm

A few interesting quotes from the article:
Saudi security forces have foiled an apparent suicide car bomb attack on a major oil production facility in the eastern town of Abqaiq.

Guards opened fire on at least two cars carrying explosives as they tried to ram the gates, Saudi officials said.

Saudi Oil Minister Ali al-Nuaimi said output at the facility, which handles about two-thirds of the country's oil production, was unaffected by the attack.

Oil security analysts have estimated that a serious attack on the facility could halve Saudi exports for up to a year.
This facility processes 2/3 of Saudi Arabia's oil and security analysts say a serious attack would halve Saudi's exports.

Half their oil offline would be about 4.5 million barrels lost from the world's 85 million barrels PER DAY. So this would be about 5% of the world's oil.

We're using 1000 barrels of oil a second right now in the world. 950 barrels a second would hurt!

Remember that "OIL SUPERSPIKE ARTICLE?"

Jet

p.s. a book I recommend about future problems with energy:
A Thousand Barrels a Second : The Coming Oil Break Point and the Challenges Facing an Energy Dependent World (Hardcover)
by Peter Tertzakian

Last edited:
Energy Alternatives other than wind,nuclear,solar,oil?

There are companies that are working on an alternative to oil energy other than wind, nuclear or hydro motive. This source of energy is controversial and under the scope of the media and most mainstream science. Various patents have been awarded regarding extracion of energy from the vacuum. An example can be found here...

www.magneticpowerinc.com

If generators become available in the next few years that can extract energy from the vacuum, the oil price will plummet. Just the knowledge of this energy coming on line will cause the price to drop in spite of demmand. This energy is usually refered to as zero point energy and it's most likely to shape our world in this century. To make really long term predictions without including hte effect of this technology is foolish. Now, don't expect to pick up the New York Times to read about this.
Most advances in history have been made outside mainstream science (Wright brothers, Tesla, Maxwell, Einstein...) I think this is a big one coming and quietly. Pres. Bush said a few days ago that the US was on the verge of an energy technology breakthough that would startle most Americans. Maybe he is just talking about better batteries and solar panels or may be he has been reading what I've been reading. An attack on oil? Time will tell...
I just don't think that the technology for this century will be a repeat of the technology for the last century.

Swerpipe,

I've actually spoken with the CEO of magnetic power, Mark Goldes. He talked to me because he's looking for investors badly. He's very optimistic but they haven't produced yet, and he blames it on lack of investors.

They were supposed to have a zero point energy demonstration device at the end of last year. They still don't have it out. I was very dissapointed because the technology looks promising.

I hope they can get it to work.

Jet

It's a pattern

I have heard that. What I think is promising about magnetic power inc is that they also have the ultra conductors which have been independently verified and they could subsidize some of the magnetic generator research. It's a matter of time.
This would be a major shock to the system just in lost tax revenue from oil taxation. How do you tax free energy? How much cash would the government lose?
Magnetic power inc is not the only company in the US or abroad working on this. We shall see...

BTW in the remote chance that this happens just remember to put down a few bucks remember the dot com revolution?

Last edited:
Swerpipe,
You're right. Putting money in this will be very smart. Energy is a several trillion dollar/year industry.

If anyone wants to invest with Mr. Goldes send me a private message and I'll tell him how to contact you.

I really recommend you research ZPE extensively first though.

You have to have a $1,000,000 net worth (why I couldn't invest!) and the minimum investment is $10,000.00

This technology needs investing in badly.

Jet

Last edited:
I agree, when you adjust for inflation, gas prices are lower, even when compared to the early 1980's.

Latest resources

Back