Future Price of Oil ??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

We went to war with Iraq for two main reasons, and both of the start with oil.

Obviously, we need oil, because Ford, Reagan, Bush Sr., Clinton, and Bush Jr. have screwed us out of the energy leadership we needed. Iraq has a lot of oil.

The second reason is the one being discussed here. Hussein was going to switch to trading oil via the Euro, which, if successfully adopted by many countries, would be very bad news for the US economy, as many of the articles mentioned above will explain.

I'd like a plug-in hybrid that is powered by the electrical battery and a natural gas powered ICE.

Cliff
GRB

oil

If the question was how much for the the future price of oil then I would say 75+. Do I have any hard numbers like some of you guys, no. But it was around that last year and I'm sure that it will hit that and then some this summer when it always goes up due to " demand" issues. So what does it mean for airlines? I hope all management (all airlines) figure out that its time to raise prices or at least tack on fuel charges like the freighters do. But its management so I am not holding my breath.

jetflyer said:
Swerpipe,
You're right. Putting money in this will be very smart. Energy is a several trillion dollar/year industry.

If anyone wants to invest with Mr. Goldes send me a private message and I'll tell him how to contact you.

I really recommend you research ZPE extensively first though.

You have to have a $1,000,000 net worth (why I couldn't invest!) and the minimum investment is $10,000.00

This technology needs investing in badly.

Jet

You do realize this is a pilot forum.... Try the engineers' or ceos' up the block.

Tex,

Great find. That was the first time I'd read anything that said that the Iranian Oil bourse would be no big deal, that almost noone would go to it to trade oil, and that the dollar will always rule oil transactions.

Makes me wonder. Is he right? He may be....

I think what really matters is what the perceptions of those in power are. If they think the oil bourse is a threat they're going to try to prevent it. If they think it's no big deal or that there's nothing that can be done to stop it, we'll get to see if the author of this article is correct.

If anyone goes to stop the Iranian Oil bourse I think it will be Israel, because I don't see the U.S. doing it. We've got our hands way too full in Iraq.

March 20th will be the day to watch. If it comes and the bourse begins, we'll get to see what happens. If Israel is bombing Iran in mid to early March, we'll get to see what happens.

Either way, I'll post any articles on here that are relevant current events on the Iranian Oil bourse.

Jet

Last edited:
jetflyer said:
Tex,

Great find. That was the first time I'd read anything that said that the Iranian Oil bourse would be no big deal, that almost noone would go to it to trade oil, and that the dollar will always rule oil transactions.

Makes me wonder. Is he right? He may be....

Jet

Jet,
Guess you just completely missed the points in my earlier post.

Life must be hell when you are sooo paranoid.

ATPCliff,
I guess the war in Iraq had nothing to do with violations of cease fire agreements and UN resolutions not to mention almost daily attempts to shoot down US pilots enforcing some of those UN resolutions.

SkiFish,

I understood your points and I tried to answer them earlier on who would have an advantage trading in the euro. I think even the couple countries that you mentioned switching away from the dollar has the possibility of having a bad effect on the dollar. I thought you had a great question.

The bottom line is we don't know. If the exchange really takes off and just a couple of our "enemies" sell oil or buy oil buy in euros, it has the possibility of really being bad.

Even in that devil's advocate article, they "don't know what will definitely happen". They think they're right, but others think they're right when they say it could cause a dollar meltdown.

I think there are enough countries that don't like us like Venezuela, China, maybe even Russia, Libya, and many others that may try to trade in the euro.

We'll have to wait and see.

I personally think the threat is great enough to the dollar that there is probably a great effort now to stop it and there may be a greater effort in the near future.

Jet

Last edited:
While Iran could start their oil bourse and trade in Euro, it isn't quite so cut and paste easy. The US economy, whether the world likes it or not, is really at present what drives the world economy. So many countries are very deeply dependent upon trade with the US, recession is the US is bad for all of them.

The US is by far the largest importer of oil, Chavez may not like us, but he needs us to buy his oil.

In the case of Iran, it isn't just the US that is a bit peeved about their "peaceful" nuclear research, most of Europe is not too keen on the idea of a Iranian nuke either.

Good points.

So maybe the Iranian Oil bourse will be a dud, and the U.S. will through diplomacy discourage others to trade in the euro, rather than militarily.

What a great concept, using diplomacy...

Time will tell....

Jet

Latest resources

Back