Future Price of Oil ??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

kommutrdog

I hope this post doesn't get removed/moved by the moderator. It isn't about flying directly, but since the price of oil is a HUGE factor in the operations of all carriers, I thought it might be of some interest.

Draw your own conclusions:

On March 20th, 2006 Iran is opening its own Oil Exchange, and all transactions will be conducted in Euros, not US dollars. The Iranian Oil Bourse (IOB) is intended to compete with the two main oil exchanges in New York (NYMEX) and London (IPE).

This could significantly alter the current landscape of the US currency and the price of oil. Right now, all oil is currently traded via the exchanges in London and New York and priced in US Dollars. That means that foreign countries need to hold billions of US Dollars in order to trade in these markets...however, if they can get their oil in Euros, it COULD diminish the US Dollar as the de-facto reserve currency of the world. Historically, the US Dollar has been viewed as a safe-haven for foreigners.

This is not a "The-sky-is-falling-post". Just bringing this up for discussion.

kommutrdog said:
On March 20th, 2006 Iran is opening its own Oil Exchange, and all transactions will be conducted in Euros, not US dollars. The Iranian Oil Bourse (IOB) is intended to compete with the two main oil exchanges in New York (NYMEX) and London (IPE).

This could significantly alter the current landscape of the US currency and the price of oil. Right now, all oil is currently traded via the exchanges in London and New York and priced in US Dollars. That means that foreign countries need to hold billions of US Dollars in order to trade in these markets...however, if they can get their oil in Euros, it COULD diminish the US Dollar as the de-facto reserve currency of the world. Historically, the US Dollar has been viewed as a safe-haven for foreigners.
kommutrdog,

I've been saying since last July that we'd be at war with Iran in March 2006 and it has been because of this oil trading exchange Iran is going to open.

There are a lot of conspiracy theorists that predict we're going to attack Iran to protect the dollar more than we're going to attack them for nukes right now, and well I guess I'm one of them!

Granted the nukes are a good reason to attack Iran as well and will be the only reason the American public will EVER HEAR. The true and immediate concern though is the Oil trading exchange.

I think Israel will do the dirty work with U.S. help. They'll probably drop some bombs on Iran's nuke facilities and a nice big one right on the future OIL TRADING EXCHANGE :)

The U.S. dollar will tank if other currencies are used to trade oil.

One of MANY great articles on the web about the Iranian oil bourse and the potential it has to devastate the U.S. economy can be found here:
http://energybulletin.net/12125.html

MARCH 20, 2006: D-DAY FOR IRAN :)

Jet

Last edited:
The irony of this is amazing! I was doing a search for articles to post about Iran and the oil bourse and came up with this!

Look at this article from:
http://www.upi.com/InternationalIntelligence/view.php?StoryID=20060119-075725-6399r
.Tehran plans nuclear weapon test by March

WASHINGTON, Jan. 19 (UPI) -- Tehran is planning a nuclear weapons test before the Iranian New Year on March 20, 2006 says a group opposed to the regime in Tehran.

The Foundation for Democracy citing sources in the U.S and Iran offered no further information.

The FDI quotes sources in Iran that the high command of the Revolutionary Guards Air Force have issued new orders to Shahab-3 missile units, ordering them to move mobile missile launchers every 24 hours in view of a potential pre-emptive strike by the U.S. or Israel. The order was issued Tuesday, Jan. 16.

The group says the launchers move only at night, and have been instructed to change their positions "in a radius of 30 to 35 kilometers." Prior to the new orders the Shahab-3 units changed position on a weekly basis. Advance Shahab-3 units have been positioned in Kermanshah and Hamadan province, within striking distance of Israel. Reserve mobile launchers have been moved to Esfahan and Fars province.
This is hilarious! I wonder if the "group opposed to the regime in Tehran" is the CIA?! lol. Sorry I just think it's funny......

This is what the American people will be told :)

Either this is bogus intel by Israel or the CIA to go to war or Iran is really picking a fight badly!

Either way, I think you're gonna need that popcorn islandhopper!

MARCH 20, 2006: D-DAY FOR IRAN :)

Jet

Last edited:
Doug, AKA RETARD:
What are you talking about? I never mentioned peak oil, you dork!!

"Shut UP, Beavis--You're getting old!"

Jet

Last edited:
Has anyone read Congressman Curt Weldon's book: "Countdown to Terror"?

Congressman Curt Weldon says from a source he has, that the CIA won't listen to, that Iran:
1) Is behind the insurgency in Iraq and wants to get Iraq into a Civil War. (has anyone been watching TV today?)
2) Is closer to developing a nuclear bomb than any of us realize and wants to sneak one across the Mexican border.
3) Wants nothing more than the destruction of the U.S. and Israel.
4) Is housing Osama Bin Laden

Unfortunately we're pinned down in Iraq right now or I can guarantee Iran, one of the original members of the "AXIS OF EVIL", would be definitely dealt with in March.

I bet Iran has a lot to do with the CIVIL WAR talks and the insurgency in Iraq. Iran knows that as long as our military is pinned down there, we can't go kick their butt. Plus if we're pinned down with Iraq going into chaos, there will be major backlash politically against Bush if he decides to attack Iran.

Meanwhile Iran will try to crush the U.S. financially with the oil bourse.

If the U.S. and Israel want to go to war for the Iranian oil bourse in MARCH, then Israel and the U.S. are going to have to start building their case soon. That article above about nuclear testing before March 20, 2006 is a good start for building a case. We'll have to see if we hear more about this in the mainstream media soon.

Jet

Last edited:
I just read the best description and History of the U.S. Dollar I've ever read.
It also talks about the Iranian oil bourse and its threat to the U.S. economy as well which fits in here with kommutrdog's thread.
Here it is:
http://321energy.com/editorials/pollock/pollock022306.html

Here is another article that shows how the U.S. dollar has benefited from the oil price increases. Once you read this you'll understand a little more why Iran's oil bourse is a threat to our economy:
http://321energy.com/editorials/phillips/phillips022206.html

These are both very informative and enlightening articles. I hope you like them.

Jet

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back