• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furloughs At Chautauqua?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am continually amazed at the comments made by fellow pilots regarding Chautauqua.

If you look back, Chautuaqua as been flying for US Airways since 1976 which is longer than many of you have been alive.

Chautauqua has been in existance longer than many regional airlines flying today, so please do not make it sound like we just started operations to mess with all other regional carriers.

Chautauqua's makes its money from flying for airlines per contracts given by major airlines. We have always made our money that way, and we will continue to survive that way.
If we make a deal with an airline that you do not like, its not anyones fault, we were just able to do the job at a better rate. When you go to buy a car, do you buy the car with the highest price tag? I would think not. When airlines shop around, its the same thing, however; Chautuaqua as a long reputation of high completion factors and on-time performace which is a factor that is highly considered in contract dealings.

Jobear... your simply an idiot calling us an alter-ego. You need to just put the crack pipe down, close your mouth, and learn what you are talking about before you start typing! The aviation business is competition. Do you not think that major airlines are not competing on a daily basis? So are Regional airlines. We compete for contract. So don't give me that BS about CHQ taking regional jobs. If your angry with anyone it should be your managment for not making your comany more competitive.

Grow up!

pilot ron

dude shut your pie hole. your right, you get the flying because airlines shop around for the lower rate. why do you think your company is able to offer their service at a lower rate. you guys work for piss poor pay. strike, please, then see how much flying you get when your payed the money you deserve.

Re: pilot ron

rogerroger said:
strike, please, then see how much flying you get when your payed the money you deserve.

ROFLMAO...

"DUDE" Do you even read your own comments? Do you honestly think we are trying to price ourselves out of work? Is that what happened to your company? If so, you have bigger problems then to worry about us.

Nobody is paid what the deserve.. You get paid what you negotiate.

Roger, you are an ignorant a s s hole....shut up!

We do not get the contracts we get based on poor pilot compensation. I've already posted a detailed analysis to prove this--search the forums for it. We get them because our jet is the lowest priced, least expensive to operate, and most capable in its class for the job! PERIOD. If we were flying CRJs we wouldn't get near as much business as we do. EXCLAMATION POINT!

Don't let me forget to mention performance. If we weren't able to deliver a good product it wouldn't matter what airplane we flew.

Shut the F*CK up........

Last edited:
I know, I know - ignore

Jobear said >>

And try and understand
1. I can not even come close to spelling Chataqua correctly
2. I am only trying to say a few simple things:
A. some of the current flying being done by CHT is at the cost
of jobs at other Regionals Period.
B. As pilots we have simple choices when it comes to whom we
work.Does working here hurt my profession as a whole not
just my corner of it.
3. With the furloughs mainline at all airlines it is inevetable that we will fly for our parents. SKYX is turning back over to big brother almost all the flying we were doing for them
<< (snip)

Alright, I know we're all supposed to ignore this idiot, but ... there's just one thing I've got to say:

Didn't SYX take the remainder of the GLA flying, insomuch as they CLOSED their Chicago base? And...hmm...wonder why that happened - perhaps because SYX UNDERBID GLA??

How do you explain that one?

By your definition, Jobear, you're hurting your own profession every time you fly that Beech to Ironwood or wherever the *ell.

Think before you speak.

Latest resources

Back