Furloughs At Chautauqua?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
jobear,

Chautauqua is no more an alter ego carrier for these companies than say Skyway is for Midwest Express. That is your airline, isn't it?

It's ironic that before all this furlough bullsh!t started that at least 11 of your fellow co-workers are/were trying to get on at CHQ. They want to improve their lives, I guess. Or maybe they see the writing on the wall in MKE!

Keep the blue side up! ;)

Re: SKKAABBBB

FlyingFarmer said:
Gentlemen!

Working for Repubix is basically being a scab. I won't argue
semantics, but the bottom line is this, you can make more
money at Home Depot. Have some self respect and some
pride, if any of you do ever get to a Major airline hiring board
(if there's any left) believe me, they'll remember.
We ALL will.
Be careful out there!
Stop the EROSION of our industry.

I think I just thought of a new kitbag sticker

<STOP EROSION NOW>

I hate to tell you this, but I checked with DALPA on this one and they gave their blessings on working for them. Not saying that IM going to, but there might be others that are desparate enough to do it. Whether you agree with me or not, this is not struck work and you would not be a scab if you worked for Republic. Erosion of the industry? Absolutely, I'll agree with you 100%, but would I consider a Republic pilot a scab....... nope. JMHO............................... nothing else.

Kinairer,

What the hell are you talking about? Please enlighten me with your words of wisdom and explain your post. I'm quite interested on what you mean. Matter of time? It is or it isn't....... not .... its not, but it will........ HUH? The floor is yours............................

Kingairer,

Dude........ you have no idea what your talking about. Show me where it says that CHQ own SDF-DCA. Tomorrow, US Air can put a PDT jet on that route, just like Delta did with Comair, ASA, Skywest and CHit Taco. Routes have been taken over back and forth and guess what, its not struck work. NON of them are scabs. Im sorry to tell you this, but there are legal loops that have to be jumped through before any pilot group can strike. It could take a while, before CHQ could strike, and by then the routes will be mishmashed between all the other companies that fly for US Air, Delta, or whomever. Look, Im not trying to be rude here, if I am? I apologize, but by looking at your profile?????? From what experience do you come to these conclusions with? It doesn't even look like you've been half way around the block yet and your calling people scabs? I really don't think you know how powerful that word is in this industry and when you use it, you better know what the hell your talking about or you could find yourself in a world of hurt. Again JMHO......

Just to give you an idea of a scab.......

If CHQ goes on strike and they park their planes, if there are any pilots (other then management) that fly CHQ planes on their routes..... well that pilot would be considered a scab. Whether its a newbie or a CHQ pilot, it doesn't matter, they are still considered to be a scab. At an alter ego career, those pilots would be considered low lifes, not scabs. Big difference, eventhough they would be treated the same.

Last edited:
People in glass houses...

Jobear,

Reap what you sow?

Where do I start...last time I checked, MidEx had more pilots on furlough than Skyw...'scuse me...Midwest Connect. You think your bretheren mainline pilots aren't pissed that routes go to you guys instead of staying on the -9 or the -80?

How on Earth can you make a statement like that? Do you like to see people get furloughed? Oh, wait, pardon me - the pilots make all the decisions on codeshares, what routes to fly, and personally meet before each flight and say "Hmmm...well, this route used to a TWA route, and then an American route, and then an Eagle route, so you know what, we're not going to fly this one today." Right. Anyone know of an airline out there that does this? Jo, I certainly didn't hear any of the Skyway pilots saying this as they flew their 328 jet from Milwaukee to Raleigh Durham over the past year and a half.

I find these comments especially surprising coming from you as there are quite a few folks who made the move to CHQ from SYX.

But you know what, that's what great about these message boards. You get to make broad, sweeping, asinine and anonymous posts like this, and no one knows who you are...or do they?

And by the way, thanks for the concessions.

-panch

Can I declare a moratorium on referring to Chautauqua as "Chit Taco" (or the obvious, nastier version thereof)?

Is this what passes for wit these days? Right up there with "You drive a Ford? Found on road dead! Huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh" (pronounce with a Beavis & Butthead tone)....

Nobody is impressed by how flippin' clever you are using the very, very old "Chit Taco" reference. Please try to elevate this thing above the level of 13 year-olds.

I second the motion, IPF. "Chit Taco" is the stupidest thing I have ever heard, honestly. At least "Chiquita" was funny for its double entendre....

As for JoeBear... We were doing such a great job of ignoring his stupid a-s-s, why don't we continue to do so? His post was intended to troll for flames and nothing more. Put JB on MUTE and let the educated discussion continue without him.

Please read

And try and understand
1. I can not even come close to spelling Chataqua correctly
2. I am only trying to say a few simple things:
A. some of the current flying being done by CHT is at the cost
of jobs at other Regionals Period.
B. As pilots we have simple choices when it comes to whom we
work.Does working here hurt my profession as a whole not
just my corner of it.
3. With the furloughs mainline at all airlines it is inevetable that we will fly for our parents. SKYX is turning back over to big brother almost all the flying we were doing for them.
How on Earth can you make a statement like that? Do you like to see people get furloughed? Oh, wait, pardon me - the pilots make all the decisions on codeshares, what routes to fly, and personally meet before each flight and say "Hmmm...well, this route used to a TWA route, and then an American route, and then an Eagle route, so you know what, we're not going to fly this one today." Right.

PS* Believe me when I say I'm not trying to flame just express how I feel*

1) Try spelling "CHQ." It's a lot easier.

2) A) CHQ flying is at the cost of other Majors, too. I'm sure SWA stays up late at night for all that STL-SHV flying I'm doing.

B) We were not created and owned by Delta to screw Comair...using Comair's money to do it...Comair's people to train and form it....while Comair was in negotiations on its long-expired contract. (Substitute any other airline you wish for "Comair".) It is not the same thing as picking up a codeshare!

Now I will return to ignoring your trolling....................I hope others will, too.

Latest resources

Back