Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Former Tranny bidding SW Captain prior to 2015?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gotta love the ignore list for flamers who pretend not to work for Southwest when they actually do. Lol ;)

I guess that means you cannot state the case law. Give up and stop trying to be somebody you are not. Either tell everybody the case law you are talking about or stop stirring the pot.

There is no way he is going to get it, but just for arguments sake I can bet that he would NEVER pass the checkride...

But if you work peacefully to find a middle ground, you leave your negotiating options open.

Please tell me how this would actually work?

How do you find peaceful middle ground when both sides think the other side got too much?

ALPA: We want more seniority and the ability to bid Capt if system seniority allows with no restrictions. We would also like to put a fence around ATL.

SWAPA: uh...NO!!! What we think would be fair is for you to be stapled, or since we are dumping over half of your company's airplanes we think that you should only get a preferential interview.

ALPA: uh...NO!!

SWA: Since you guys cannot find middle ground, we think we need to move forward with the agreed upon SLI. You know "One Luv"!!!

Cue the SWA pilot (ret air force) to tell us how we should be thankful to have a job at SWA and if we don't like it we don't have to work there in 3,2,1
if you think anyone on this side of the trench feels "thankful" this crap went down, your'e mistaken.

Lets move on and work together against the man, not fight against each other.

Please tell me how this would actually work?

How do you find peaceful middle ground when both sides think the other side got too much?

ALPA: We want more seniority and the ability to bid Capt if system seniority allows with no restrictions. We would also like to put a fence around ATL.

SWAPA: uh...NO!!! What we think would be fair is for you to be stapled, or since we are dumping over half of your company's airplanes we think that you should only get a preferential interview.

ALPA: uh...NO!!

SWA: Since you guys cannot find middle ground, we think we need to move forward with the agreed upon SLI. You know "One Luv"!!!

Not that it has any relevance at this point but I think in the interests of preserving the SW culture, I believe letting the process play out (as mutually agreed) and taking the SLI to arbitration would've removed the resentment on both sides. After all, don't blame my group or me, blame the arbitrator!

There is no way he is going to get it, but just for arguments sake I can bet that he would NEVER pass the checkride...

And, if it was ever proven to any degree, there would be a significant civil action and a few check airmen jobs lost.

You don't think this kind of thing hasn't happened in the past? It usually doesn't end well for the check airmen and IP, and the checkee gets his ticket and seat anyway.

If this guy is smart enough to game the language, I'm sure he's smart enough to understand the "unwritten" implications and make arrangements (3rd party observers, etc).

Nu

if you think anyone on this side of the trench feels "thankful" this crap went down, your'e mistaken.

Lets move on and work together against the man, not fight against each other.

Is that warrior speak for "we screwed you over now forget about it and be our bitch's"?

There's that great "culture" again. :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back