Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Former Tranny bidding SW Captain prior to 2015?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Kharma Police

Don't mess with Texas
I've heard that a senior FAT pilot who has already crossed the partition is trying to bid for captain prior to 2015? His assertion is that after crossing the partition, he is no longer an AirTran pilot and therefore able to bid for a captain vacancy. Any RSWs or my Tranny people heard of this or care to comment?

I've heard that a senior FAT pilot who has already crossed the partition is trying to bid for captain prior to 2015? His assertion is that after crossing the partition, he is no longer an AirTran pilot and therefore able to bid for a captain vacancy. Any RSWs or my Tranny people heard of this or care to comment?

If you and he would read the agreement you will see that his assertion is not possible.

The way these things usually go is someone finds a "technical" loophole or language conflict in the contract.

It might even warrant a grievance or visit to the system board

At that point, both sides submit the negotiator's notes from both sides to establish what the actual intent of the language was. 99 times out of 100 that's the end of it.

Every once in a while, one slips through, where the notes are silent or really vague, and the board or arbitrator actually rules on the extant language.

I seem to remember the AT guys won a major arbitration about their reserve system along these lines...and it caused a major, major shift in how reserved worked for them and cost the company a bundle in pay and staffing.

Despite what people say, language and context matter...a lot.

Nu

Last edited:
The language in the side letter specifically prohibits this from happening.

If some of you would spend a little more time reading the side letter, and a little less time asking the question on here then you would know the answer.

FWIW, I have found flightinfo.com to be a TERRIBLE place to get relevant info.

Latest resources

Back