• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For those who quit the regionals...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well not to mock you, but if you are an ASI, you ARE the BS! sorry.....

Have you been personally wronged by an FAA Inspector? Or do you just hate the FAA and anyone who works for them.

Last edited:
The FAA did not stop Colgan that's why there are 51 dead.

No, 51 are dead because two "professional" pilots didn't pay attention to what the fark they were doing, let their airspeed get dangerously low, then reacted in the exact opposite way they were supposed to when the plane's stall warning/prevention systems activated...which would have never happened if they had been paying attention to what they fark they were doing and maintained proper flying speed.

which would have never happened if they had been paying attention to what they fark they were doing and maintained proper flying speed.

Scary thing is, they MIGHT have been paying attention as best they could. They just didn't know any better. Wasn't he a GIA grad? Express Lane to the airlines, WEEEEE Look at me in my hat! But I have no idea of what I am doing.

I tried 121. In fact, I had initial with JetJam, who was doing a longterm, for some reason. I had come from the 135 world, and did not fit in with 121. I liked the crews for the most part, but I did not like the company culture. Just not for me. So after about 8 months I left for the fractional world (Avantair) and couldn't be happier. Better pay, better QOL, a real schedule. But what I really like is that I never know what the next day will bring. I could be on either coast, in Mexico, Canada, or the Bahamas. I fly the coolest aircraft I have ever flown, and the company culture fits me much better. Again, nothing against Eagle, I just didn't fit in. I appreciate the training I got, and I respect the job, but I will not be returning.

With great regards (and respect), Wacoflyr

Ding, ding, ding................we have a winner. You're right on both counts.

Sorry to hear that. Remember, not all of us are the same. When I was a line pilot, I was treated pretty harshly by some mainline pilots (even left behind with an open jumpseat so the Captain could "prove a point" about scope).

However, I would never then HATE the entire mainline pilot population.

No, 51 are dead because two "professional" pilots didn't pay attention to what the fark they were doing, let their airspeed get dangerously low, then reacted in the exact opposite way they were supposed to when the plane's stall warning/prevention systems activated...which would have never happened if they had been paying attention to what they fark they were doing and maintained proper flying speed.

So do you blame a kid when they chop off their hand in a sweat shop? After all, they weren't paying attention.

Latest resources

Back