• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For those who quit the regionals...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have been absent from the industry for a while. Am I correct to understand that Comair is now over. ( 1200 pilots on the street. )
American Eagle needs 600 pilots ( Willing to give out $5000 bonuses)
The pilot shortage is now happening ( Due to the age 65 rule and 1500 ATP requirement)
RAA Cohen world vision of Aviation is coming to light.
And the world did not end in 2012.
Should I dust off my flight bag and run out to get current?
Any input or thoughts about this?

I have been absent from the industry for a while. Am I correct to understand that Comair is now over. ( 1200 pilots on the street. )
American Eagle needs 600 pilots ( Willing to give out $5000 bonuses)
The pilot shortage is now happening ( Due to the age 65 rule and 1500 ATP requirement)
RAA Cohen world vision of Aviation is coming to light.
And the world did not end in 2012.
Should I dust off my flight bag and run out to get current?
Any input or thoughts about this?

There will eventually be a very widespread shortage of pilots, around the World. Age 65 delayed a lot of things, but that is now coming to an end and there will be thousands of retirements over the next decade. If you really enjoyed flying and didn't mind the Regionals, and have some PIC and eventually want to get on with the legacies, then it would be a good decision to come back. Even if you didn't have PIC, there will be a pretty good shortage in about 5 years, so even Jet SIC will be useful as long as you have a college degree too. If you have to go the route of the Regionals again, hopefully you are married and your other half has a decent job that can help pay the bills. If so, I'd say go for it. Good luck.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Eagle sent me a email today telling me of the opportunities of working for them. Really? Me? Just a lowly ole crop duster pilot?
I have never applied there, but I'm thinking probably, no.

Latest resources

Back