• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLOPS Impass?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've been saying that for two years. I've repeatedly made the statement, if you want to fly for a union carrier, do your research and fly for one that matches your needs.

Unions want you to think that if you are not happy at your non-union carrier, just bring one onto the property and all will be fine.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

The FLOPS guys are experiencing it now.

Two years ago I stated that there would be at least 3 years of turmoil, a stagnant company and that when the pressure is on the most is when unions react the worst.

All of these are now coming home to roost, and I hope the industry is watching.

Economy is slipping, 1108 didn't get it done and the FLOPS pilots are in deep turmoil judging by the posts on these boards.

If those pilots that wanted to fly for a union carrier had just gone to NJ, they would have been so much better off today.

My guess is that they didn't go because NJ didn't want them, and they knew it.

men arent born with vaginas, but if you keep bitchin your gonna grow one.....

uhh.... Jetblue, Skywest and Flexjet?

(Was that a trick question?)
Flexjet does not have 500 pilots. And according to some of the posters claiming to work there ... there seems to be issues with Crew Rest requirements....

JetBlue and SkyWest.... AirlinePilot Central shows pretty sad pay for pilots considering equipment. Also it shows a union drive going on at JetBlue right now....

Best you can come up with?

I think I'll stick with the union.

Flexjet does not have 500 pilots. And according to some of the posters claiming to work there ... there seems to be issues with Crew Rest requirements....

JetBlue and SkyWest.... AirlinePilot Central shows pretty sad pay for pilots considering equipment. Also it shows a union drive going on at JetBlue right now....

Best you can come up with?

I think I'll stick with the union.

You do that.

It'll make the rest of us feel much more comfortable.

Last I knew,Flex had over 500, airlinepilotcentral has them at 485. Close enough.

We've seen what unions have done to other large regionals such as Eagle and Comair. I'll take Skywest thank you.

JetBlue still has a way to go, but in consideration of the industry, I'll take the 121 carrier over the fractional after working in both.

Delta is the least unionized legacy carrier.

How do you stack up against Delta as a company, not just a pilot union? I know that you don't consider that like I do, but that is a consideration.

You're non-rev privs holding up well?

non rev priv.s?

You're non-rev privs holding up well?[/quote]

Non-rev privs.?
Are you joking?
That's almost an urban myth today.
Go on a vacation non-rev?
With the stress of getting there and back, within days of each other, no way.
Also, when/if you get to where you're going, how to pay for lodging?
Spouses, kids and family are only gonna put up with that stress a couple of times before they wanna stay home.

Non-revving is great! Ride in the back of a Falcon or a X with your family.Have taken Pilot's families, mechanics families and office workers families. Non-scheduled so be prepared to fing your own way back but if you are flexible you can usually fingd your way back with 21 days off for vacation.... But why not just use your Airline miles to get home on a reserved seat after staying in a Hilton or Embassy Suites with your Hotel points?Not many here would opt to return to the 121 world.

Latest resources

Back