FLOPS Impass?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

captain dad

Heard some very disturbing things about FLOPS. I am not one to start rumors or give out second hand information.

Would someone give it up that knows for sure?:erm:

What's the deal?

Well dude WTF over

Heard some very disturbing things about FLOPS. I am not one to start rumors or give out second hand information.

Would someone give it up that knows for sure?:erm:

What's the deal?

Well what the the hell are you talking about. That is about the most vague statement/question that I've seen in a while.:rolleyes:

I don't like to talk in rumors! I heard talk about aircraft deliveries being canceled or sold off and furloughs. I would like to get some kind of confirmation. Like I said, I don't like to pass on rumors.

I too heard that something is definitely going on. Nobody can argue that!:rolleyes:.

(sorry, couldn't resist):laugh:

Here's the scoop (I think)

Scheeringa told AIN, in the March 1 issue, that Flight Options was doing great. On March 3, he told his employees, via the weekly phone message, that the sky was falling (slowed aircraft acquisition, reduction in flying, possible furloughs, etc.). He followed this up with 2 "personal" letters to each employee, saying essentially the same thing.
On March 23, he told the local Cleveland newspaper, "The Plain Dealer", that things are going very well. They quoted him as saying he anticipates the company to grow 50% in the next 4 years.
There are two important points here: 1) The obvious: He's a liar, and 2) In a play straight from the Union Buster's Handbook: as negotiations for pilot salaries draw near, he's going to say there's no money available for increased pilot compensation. Many of you will recall the same thing happening at this point in NetJets negotiations.
Many, (probably most) FO pilots are tired of his crap, don't care what he says about the financial situation, and would be just as happy if he closed the doors rather than to continue with substandard compensation, benefits and quality of life.

Whatever dude. Remember this? :rolleyes:

I do remember that. I kept my word and when I was able to say what I knew it came right from the source. No second hand rumor. If you didn't like what the laundry list of surprises were, ...well that's your problem now isn't it? Dude.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Scheeringa told AIN, in the March 1 issue, that Flight Options was doing great. On March 3, he told his employees, via the weekly phone message, that the sky was falling (slowed aircraft acquisition, reduction in flying, possible furloughs, etc.). He followed this up with 2 "personal" letters to each employee, saying essentially the same thing.
On March 23, he told the local Cleveland newspaper, "The Plain Dealer", that things are going very well. They quoted him as saying he anticipates the company to grow 50% in the next 4 years.
There are two important points here: 1) The obvious: He's a liar, and 2) In a play straight from the Union Buster's Handbook: as negotiations for pilot salaries draw near, he's going to say there's no money available for increased pilot compensation. Many of you will recall the same thing happening at this point in NetJets negotiations.
Many, (probably most) FO pilots are tired of his crap, don't care what he says about the financial situation, and would be just as happy if he closed the doors rather than to continue with substandard compensation, benefits and quality of life.

I understand tactics and pressure that management uses, but are they canceling orders and is there a furlough notice out?

I do remember that. I kept my word and when I was able to say what I knew it came right from the source. No second hand rumor. If you didn't like what the laundry list of surprises were, ...well that's your problem now isn't it? Dude.:rolleyes:

Captain dad,

I'm sorry! But, I do have to agree with Ultra Grump!

A good way to start and promulgate a rumor is by starting a thread such as this! The best way to keep rumors from spreading is to wait for the information to be made public by the source itself!

I know that it is hard in this day and age of instant gratification! :rolleyes:

IDEtoNJA

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back