• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLOPS Impass?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually, I don't think the company is saying that they would like to give us a raise, but the union....B.S. They are now saying they can barely pay us much more than they are already paying us now B.S. That kind of talking only pisses more pilots off, causing disgruntled pilots to be less than eager to go the extra mile, which in turn causes our passengers to take there business somewhere else. I just wish that M.S. would grow up and just learn that you can't run a service business for the wealthy like this.

How much business has been lost by disserviced passengers taking their business elsewhere? I'll bet it is more than what our pay raises would have cost.

I thought perhaps it was more the problem of planes not flying for lack of pilots? From a pax perspective, you need to know the plane will be ready to go when you are; obviously, that includes having an experienced flight crew. What I wonder is how much money is being wasted training pilots only to lose them when they get fed-up with being overworked and underpaid. Smart managers know it's more efficient and better for morale to keep the work force you already have.

As for the claim of not being able to pay pilots properly....:rolleyes: That's the typical management FUD that is just an excuse for not wanting to pay decent wages. Labor is a cost of doing business so upper management can just do their job and figure out a budget that includes the going rate. It's time for the FLOPS to pay up or fall flat on their face. Balancing the budget on the backs of the pilotgroup is no longer an option.

Whether Flops can pay or not is unknown to me and I have no way of knowing or not unless I can see the books. What is apparent though is that we are losing the clientelle that can afford to pay, because of the worsening condition of our fleet? Is the company really this poor or they just don't understand. Cheap paint jobs that look like crap within a year. Most of the aircraft look absolutely terrible and Mr Millionair doesn't like pulling up on the ramp in that! Flops has gotten (maybe out of desperation to keep planes in the air) to a point that they absolutely refuse to fix anything. Most passenger convenience items never get fixed, just slapped on the NEF. Telephones, airshows... most of the galley doors get stuck.. can't open in flight.. even lav doors... NEF it! Doesn't matter to the pax ? MS doesn't care or is he too stupid? Maybe the company just want's to look poor. Either way I don't care. Pay and play withe the industry or shut the doors on this place. That is the message. :mad:

HS

Balancing the budget on the backs of the pilotgroup is no longer an option.

Risking the entire company and disrupting the careers of all the employees at Flight Options was a risk the 66% of the pilots undertook when they voted in the union.

New unions always incur 3 or more years of a stagnant organization, ongoing turmoil and the union not reacting when the pressure is on.

Right now, the pressure is on. The economy is weaking and the pilot group is clearly unhappy. 1108 isn't getting it done. 1108 is to blame. As the intruder, 1108 has to be willing to do something to move things along. Until then, it's status quo and it will be for long time. Management doesn't have to do anything.

Management has a company to run. 1108 are the intruders, and the company has hunkered down, just like they did at NJ when they stopped hiring and began chartering.

You wanted a union, you got it. There are no mysteries here, as all normal. You don't bring a union onto the property, snap your fingers and think it's gonna get all better.

FLOPS pilots need to stop whining, and turn to their leadership. Don't get on management, get on the 1108 leadership. They are the hired guns here, management is just doing what they do as expected.

NJW, you do not understand the reality of what unions to to employees and certainly don't understand how the budget is created.

If you did, you never would have made the following quote:

I too agree. Pay us industry standard wages, or just shut the door.

If our current management is too inexperienced to figure out how to run a competitive company with out the subsidy of the pilots getting paid 50% less than their peers, then just tell us, and give us a time-line as to when the doors will be closed.

I don't want to be out of a job just as much as the next guy. But by the same token, don't wast my time, I am tired of subsidizing our kindergarten management with their inexperience and not getting a fair salary. Don't wast any of our time, let us know now you can't do the job.

Industry standard wages, or just do us all a favor and shut the doors!

I too agree. Pay us industry standard wages, or just shut the door.

If our current management is too inexperienced to figure out how to run a competitive company with out the subsidy of the pilots getting paid 50% less than their peers, then just tell us, and give us a time-line as to when the doors will be closed.

I don't want to be out of a job just as much as the next guy. But by the same token, don't wast my time, I am tired of subsidizing our kindergarten management with their inexperience and not getting a fair salary. Don't wast any of our time, let us know now you can't do the job.

Industry standard wages, or just do us all a favor and shut the doors!

Another pilot with fear of taking command of his own career.

During contract negotiations managers typically try to hide the books and cries of "we're broke" are common. Regardless, other frac managers are able to pay fair wages and run the business so the fault must belong to the FLOPS. HIG should give MS the boot!

Using the ignore function selectively is like muting commercials when you're watching TV.

During contract negotiations managers typically try to hide the books and cries of "we're broke" are common. Regardless, other frac managers are able to pay fair wages and run the business so the fault must belong to the FLOPS. HIG should give MS the boot!

Using the ignore function selectively is like muting commercials when you're watching TV.

Two years and counting of utter turmoil at FLOPS, the economy is slumping and 1108 is doing nothing but playing with the teamsters.

1108 is typical union, go after the money and forget that the main focus is to protect your brethren.

Remember, it was NJW that stated:

Latest resources

Back