FEDEX Class April 5

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dates

A gentleman who interviewed the day before me (18 June 02), got the call for the 5 April class. I interviewed on 19 June....
No call yet for me.

Whew!!!!

The door is finally open, but just a crack. Congrats guys! I will be bringing up the rear of the poolies... so when KD calls me I know the list has been combed at least once!

Hope to see you guys soon!

DONGER

Interview date

Leroy,

Interviewed 17 June 02. A bud of mine interviewed 2 days after me and has yet to be called. So maybe I was close to last to get an invite for this class. But my guess is the next class is no more than 3 weeks later. So do the dead man float just a little longer and Kim should toss the lifeline momentarily.
See ya soon!

Ok, let the REAL training begin… drink all the bad coffee you can stand and then drink some more… start walking around like a zombie until your family says, “there is something really, really wrong with you”… You all will have a head start on the rest of the class!!
Congrats to all! See you on a HUB turn in the near future… I’ll be the one drinking bad coffee and walking around like a zombie!:D

Awesome

Great to see some positive mojo flowing on the FedEx thread.

Congrats to those that have received the call for the April class. Training is long, boring and pays absolutely nothing BUT at least you have a job and a job at a GREAT company. I absolutely love having the option of flying domestic or international, narrowbody or widebody, anywhere and everywhere.

The wait was worth it, welcome aboard!:D

Re: Awesome

PurpleTail said:
Training is long, boring and pays absolutely nothing ...
Before somebody winds up having a conniption fit...

SECTION 3
COMPENSATION

A. New Hire Compensation
A new hire pilot shall receive a salary of two-thousand dollars per month until his first actual activation date.
1. If a new hire pilot's date of hire is other than the first day of a month, his first month's salary shall be prorated.
2. If a new hire pilot is activated on any day other than the first day of a month, his salary (i.e., $2,000 per month), shall be prorated based on the number of days in that month prior to activation.

First off... OUTSTANDING!

That rocks.

Secondly, I'd like to remind everyone of discussions over the past year. FedEx has ALWAYS honored their pilot pool. The poolies had jobs, it was just a matter of when. No, you will not be reinterviewed.

No one is more happy to see you guys than we 727 S/Os that have been proudly serving for the last couple years.

One tip for school. Never say, "Well that is just stupid". Or, "that is not how we did it in my last squadron/job". On day one, when the instructor puts on his glasses and tells you to look into his pen, open your eyes and smile. School is challenging, but like mentioned above, the line is much better.

Welcome aboard, you just won the lottery.

Goose17

Have they said anything more about how many may be getting out of the pool and when they may start interviewing again?

interviews

I posted this before (a few weeks ago), but I flew with a captain that does new hire interviews. He said he was scheduled to give interviews 2 days this month.

Goose17

Latest resources

Back