• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Expressjet growing?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Line bidding BITES! That said, ExpressJets swapping rules, etc are better than what ASA has. Pref Bidding buries line bidding as a pairing delivery method. That said, the only way to have so much open time left over is to have less guys receiving hard lines (i.e more guys on reserve) That would be a hard sell over on the ASA side.

Line bidding BITES! That said, ExpressJets swapping rules, etc are better than what ASA has. Pref Bidding buries line bidding as a pairing delivery method. That said, the only way to have so much open time left over is to have less guys receiving hard lines (i.e more guys on reserve) That would be a hard sell over on the ASA side.

You guys really need to be educated on our line bidding and work rules! Too bad your MEC isn't open minded to even learn about our system (like ours is doing), much less educating you guys. Who is being u reasonable?

Let me help you out here to better state what you meant to say;

The way ASA had line bidding, all I can say is Line bidding BITES! However, since I've NEVER used the XJT line bid work rule system, my arguments and opinions of the XJT way are based solely on ignorance and not educating myself. That said, ExpressJets swapping rules, etc are better than what ASA has. Pref Bidding buries line bidding as a pairing delivery method. That said, the only way to have so much open time left over is to have less guys receiving hard lines (i.e more guys on reserve) That would be a hard sell over on the ASA side. However, since the XJT pairing generator created way more efficient pairings than we've seen as of yet, ASA reserve numbers went up. So basically, BOTH systems can create more pilots on reserve. SO it really doesn't matter

There, fixed it for ya'

Last edited:
No...but thanks. I stand by my original statement. Line bidding bites. Who wants to sit and look through hundreds on lines, scanning every pairing, etc. I like the way PBS works and the flexibility of it. But thanks for the edit.

Pref bidding could be the greatest thing...XJTers resist change...period. Every change is perceived as worse.

Pref bidding could be the greatest thing...XJTers resist change...period. Every change is perceived as worse.

I only resist change if the change is worse than what I have now. Pref biding is worse than what I have now, so yeah, I'm going to resist.

Latest resources

Back