• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Expressjet growing?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's a shame. I just hope it doesn't turn out like US Air around here.

Yup, so much for the ALPA "brotherhood"

Pilots like to blame everyone else for their problems. They blame management, then they blame the consumer, then the government, then gate agent, then ramper, then hotel can driver etc etc. It as be proven over and over again that pilots are their own worst enemy. It utterly rediculous that two pilot groups from the same union can't see common ground.

It as be proven over and over again that pilots are their own worst enemy. It utterly rediculous that two pilot groups from the same union can't see common ground.

Really? Really? No kidding? Ya think?

Yea cuz gojet is cheape operation and a good one too. What's your point? At least it's not buying flying like Skywest inc. which is worse buying or undercutting?

Point being that if Gojet underbids (nothing wrong with that), then why don't they do more UAX flying since they've been doing it for years already?

All good regionals are going to loose. Comair has been for 5 years. ASA is next. Expressjet will happen when the contract expires. Gojets of the world will take all of the flying. Very sad. It's the next Mesa.

Yup, so much for the ALPA "brotherhood"

Pilots like to blame everyone else for their problems. They blame management, then they blame the consumer, then the government, then gate agent, then ramper, then hotel can driver etc etc. It as be proven over and over again that pilots are their own worst enemy. It utterly rediculous that two pilot groups from the same union can't see common ground.

Each MEC has to represent each pilot group which have different priorities.

For instance, the XJT group hates PBS and the xjt MEC is slowly trying to educate the pilot group on the positives of PBS but it will be very very difficult to get PBS passed in a joint contract.

There's no point on our MECs agreeing to something that the pilot group will reject.

Is ASA's mec trying to educate the pilots on xjet's contract?

I am not so much for or against either contract? If we go with PBS, I want it to be because it is better. I don't want our guys selling PBS just because it's "their baby" or just to win the battle.

I hope everyone is taking a fair look at both.

I would love to hear more about Expressjets bidding method. But our MEC isn't interested in educating us.

I think they consider PBS their baby and benefit from it. They don't want to entertain the idea of any other system.

Latest resources

Back