• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Expressjet growing?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is it true that with the ExpressJet line bidding, only 50% of the pilots are awarded actual lines, then another 20% get relief lines and the rest are on reserve?

No...but thanks. I stand by my original statement. Line bidding bites. Who wants to sit and look through hundreds on lines, scanning every pairing, etc. I like the way PBS works and the flexibility of it. But thanks for the edit.

Hardly anyone scans through the lines, there's an automatic line ordering tool that selects the lines according to your preferences. I haven't bid in years, I just let "Ad-opt" do the work. Sometimes I check the results to see if it's really giving me what I want.

That said, since XJT MEC is open to look at other options, they've being looking at different PBS systems. I understand that the PBS system they liked the most is NOT the ASA system which I understand is crap. XJT is going to introduce that PBS system (not ASA's one) on a TRIAL basis for reserve/relief line bidding soon.

Last edited:
Is it true that with the ExpressJet line bidding, only 50% of the pilots are awarded actual lines, then another 20% get relief lines and the rest are on reserve?

It's 70-75% with hard lines, 15% with relief lines (which are also hard lines that you can trip-trade but they're not awarded until the third week of the month prior as opposed to the end of the first week which is typical for hard lines).

Historically only 10% hold reserve but the company is trying to increase that to 20% with all the hiring etc.

hey let's adapt the best of each! I'm open to ExJet's if it's an improvement over PBS, but I do like PBS over the old line bidding crap at ASA, and i'm not one of the 1700 that 777 writes about, clueless that he/she is fo sure :rolleyes:

Hardly anyone scans through the lines, there's an automatic line ordering tool that selects the lines according to your preferences. I haven't bid in years, I just let "Ad-opt" do the work. Sometimes I check the results to see if it's really giving me what I want.

That said, since XJT MEC is open to look at other options, they've being looking at different PBS systems. I understand that the PBS system they liked the most is NOT the ASA system which I understand is crap. XJT is going to introduce that PBS system (not ASA's one) on a TRIAL basis for reserve/relief line bidding soon.

Actually the ASA system is probably the best. DAL, swa and others have been looking at it. But it still doesn't match up to Expressjet's line bidding.

No...but thanks. I stand by my original statement. Line bidding bites. Who wants to sit and look through hundreds on lines, scanning every pairing, etc. I like the way PBS works and the flexibility of it. But thanks for the edit.

ALL PBS systems bite. By the way, we have a pairing sorter if you don't want to look through 300 lines.

Pref bidding could be the greatest thing...XJTers resist change...period. Every change is perceived as worse.

It's the XJT MEC who is researching PBS and actually planning on using as a test. The other MEC won't take their fingers out of their ears.

Last edited:
It's the XJT MEC who is researching PBS and actually planning on using as a test. The other MEC won't take their fingers out of their ears.

The ASA MEC is tasked with representing the ASA pilots PERIOD! The XJT MEC is tasked with representing you. The vast majority of ASA pilots prefer PBS, so our MEC should ignore you and your MEC. We can stay separate for all I and others care. You keep your beloved system and we will keep ours. Everyone is happy that way....

You guys really need to be educated on our line bidding and work rules! Too bad your MEC isn't open minded to even learn about our system (like ours is doing), much less educating you guys. Who is being u reasonable?

Bah hahahahahah!

Latest resources

Back