Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Does PIC turbo-prop mean anything anymore?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guess that really bites for us at Mesaba. 75% of our fleet is turbo shakers with absolutley no chance of jets in the next 5+ years. Or ever.

I just talked to a manager at UPS. The new hiring standards seem to place turboprop PIC time on a lower rung of the competitive ladder. I don't get it but it's their sandbox! I've heard it said that they've been real happy with RJ guys. If you have 1900 PIC then get your SIC time in an RJ or any other jet, I suspect you're on the same rung as everyone else. It is correct to say that we have recently hired someone with only turboprop PIC time, but I was told that it was more the exception than the rule.

I guess the UPS training department isn't as competent at training people to fly jets as TransStates and Mesa.

Hmmmm $8000 type ?
With 2 years of no bennies and over a hundred hours flown a month I got about 6 grand in dental work needs doing an' I'm gonna split the rest on therapy and a night with two hookers at the Bunny Ranch....Guess Southwest will have to wait :)

TIGV said:
a night with two hookers at the Bunny Ranch....Guess Southwest will have to wait :)

That's the best piece of advice yet!

RJones said:
You could be here too if you wanted. Spend the money for an additional rating and apply.

If it's that simple, please PM me, I will give you my address and you can send me the $8000. Spend the money, apply, get an interview and don't get the job because your stupid stories weren't good enough.....um thanks, but NO.

The jet pilots want to keep perpetuating the myth the a JET is more demanding to fly than a turbo prop. I would have to disagree. You are getting alot of great time in the low altitudes flying in the soup and probably flying a few legs with no auto pilot. Your skills should be sharp. I find the jet more easy going than the Dash and you go faster and higher. You won't have a problem. Just gotta get your foot in the door and hope you don't get interviewed by Roger Ramjet.

blzr said:
The jet pilots want to keep perpetuating the myth the a JET is more demanding to fly than a turbo prop. I would have to disagree.

I also would have to disagree....... disagree about the part where you CLAIM "jet pilots want to keep perpetuating the myth the a JET is more demanding to fly than a turbo prop". Did I miss that meeting or not get the memo where all the "jet pilots" conspired and planned to "keep perpetuationg the myth..." or is that just your simple minded inferiority talking?.

Get a life dude......:rolleyes:

You didn't get the memo.

Does the phrase "FLAP" ring a bell?

Normally used by the ' Heavy metal ' drivers to describe drivers of anything but heavy metal.

blzr said:
The jet pilots want to keep perpetuating the myth the a JET is more demanding to fly than a turbo prop.

Gee that's funny. Have you been locked in a closet for the last few years? Almost every pilot on this board encourages turboprop pilots making the transition to jets by telling them how much EASIER flying a jet is.

Are we also perpetuating the myth that chemtrails won't hurt us?

TIGV said:
You didn't get the memo.

Does the phrase "FLAP" ring a bell?

Normally used by the ' Heavy metal ' drivers to describe drivers of anything but heavy metal.

Yes..... I've heard of the word Flap. I call for them everytime I fly. I thought we were talking about perpetuating some silly myth.

As far as your theory..... I've never heard of the word "FLAP" used like that.... ever. Sounds like a inferiority driven self insulted rumour.

BTW - Those people whose voices you hear in you rhead... funny thing.... I don't hear them. Also... you know those people you think are always staring at you when you go out in public....... well they never stare at me.

"Paranoia will destoy ya"...... there's heavy metal for you.

Latest resources

Back