Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Does PIC turbo-prop mean anything anymore?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
English said:
Hey smoking man, congrats!

Thanks, sometimes I check my caller ID (two or three times a day) just to make sure I did not dream the call or something.

;)

canyonblue737 said:
JetBlue is the only airline flying big iron that I know shows a strong preference for jet PIC. Most others are only looking for turbine PIC, turboprop, turbojet it's all the same. Certainly at SWA they don't mind, I never flew a jet till I came here.

is single engine PIC turbine time valuable to?

I still marvel at the fact that people are looking at AirTran and Jetblue as their "dream job".

It was only a few years ago (and Smoking man, I know you remember) when we all laughed at this industry newcomer "Jet Blue" and when the only folks who went to work for AirTran (myself included) were the dirtbags who couldnt get hired anywhere else.

The paradigm shifted so quickly that I got left behind in the 90s.

RJones said:
PIC turbo-prop (turbine) time is the key. SWA has hired guys with only that and here they are. I would encourage you to continue in your current capacity as a turbo-prop captain as long as you can and build PIC turbine time.

RJ

Are you kidding? I guess all that Jet PIC time I have doesn't stack up. I knew I should've stayed on the Beech 1900!

Latest resources

Back