• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DL proposes Profit Sharing cut for Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The rumor other that I keep hearing pertains to bringing pay banding to DAL, that gets my attention more than changes in the PS scheme. If pay bands are on the way, we've got to get it right - the potential for it to bite us in the butt is tremendous if not done correctly. Narrow bands would seem easier to manage long-term.

The rumor other that I keep hearing pertains to bringing pay banding to DAL, that gets my attention more than changes in the PS scheme. If pay bands are on the way, we've got to get it right - the potential for it to bite us in the butt is tremendous if not done correctly. Narrow bands would seem easier to manage long-term.

The BS was the company banding the ER to the 757. We forget how much the company stole from the pilot group as we flew the swiss army knife of the airline.....that category could fly whatever the company threw at them with no respect paywise.

The BS was the company banding the ER to the 757. We forget how much the company stole from the pilot group as we flew the swiss army knife of the airline.....that category could fly whatever the company threw at them with no respect paywise.

In the same vein, my concern pertains to 737-900's and A321's replacing 7ERs. If pay gains on those types are forsaken to subsidize lower paying categories - it'll be an even bigger give away.

Say what? The 757 was brought UP to the 767 domestic and 7ER (INTL) pay. It was a good deal because there were more 757s than 767s.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
GL..I disagree. The 7ER was dragged down closer to the 757. Not to deflect but the 737-900 pays dollars less for exactly the same productivity (read: pax load) of the 757.

GL..I disagree. The 7ER was dragged down closer to the 757. Not to deflect but the 737-900 pays dollars less for exactly the same productivity (read: pax load) of the 757.

Uh, back when the 777s were about to be brought onto the property, Dalpa said the pilots wouldn't fly them without a pay rate. At that point all of the planes got a significant pay raise, and the 757 was brought UP to the 767 Dom and ER pay rates. That is when they were "tied" together.

You may be correct that the 739 and 757 are now within a few dollars per hour, but that was negotiated sometime after BK. I'm sure the 321 will be close too.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I just compared AMR's rates to yours. I'm VERY disappointed that AMR didn't negotiate higher rates. We need the latest contract to be the highest and have each new contract leapfrog the previous one.

We need to get wages back to pre-9/11 (adjusted for inflation) rates.

I hope you guys get the 'Delta dot' well above 3 Benjamins.

Latest resources

Back