• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DL proposes Profit Sharing cut for Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you guys gonna get UAL contract 2000 or DAL contract 2001 rates? It's time to take it back. ALL OF IT.

I am not holding my breath. In spite of the MEC chairs' quote, that I "will conclude we have achieved the world's finest airline pilot contract', I'm skeptical given the accelerated timeline that both ALPA and the Company have agreed to. I'd bet on another short-term punt until 2018.

Expectations on the line are VERY high for this agreement, I genuinely hope they meet or exceed them.

Why would management give a dime when they can say the rates are already the highest in the industry? They will certainly claim that PS is compensation. What leverage is there, realistically?

Not a whole lot as I see it. I think it revolves heavily on DAL management's sensitivity to upsetting the apple cart, and the air line's ability to attract new pilots - that's about it.

Operationally, DAL has hit its stride, but much of that is attributed to frontline folks pulling hard in the same direction. An injection of "I no longer give a crap" from a disappointing contract offer could certainly change things.

Latest resources

Back