• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta TA-whos seen it?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nobody on here knows what is in this TA yet.

Exactly. Because this TA was actually done 11th, Friday, announced the am of the 15th. Those involved where given time to divulge the TA over the weekend.
MEC will start first thing thursday morning and will vote friday, late in the day. If it passes, then on to the road shows. If not, well then....

I have to laugh at all these commits about this TA after it was officially announced the 15th but has been done since the 11th.

with what pilots to fly any planes at Pinnacle? Seriously with how this place is being managed and ran people are leaving in droves. If they gut the contract in this joke of a bankruptcy they will get more than they bargained for with how many people leave. There was a reason the unions email said to expect what-850 furloughs but the company posted only 450 over 18 months when the planes will be gone in a year. So that tells me they expect this to be quick and are going after specific items in bankruptcy-not necessarily all of the pilot contract. But either way, if you have the chance-leave.

You are absolutely correct it is for Delta Pilots to decide, which you so pointedly pointed out I am not. And believe me I'm reminded of that each and every time and I request a jump seat on MAINLINE or the days I walk through the terminal and say hello and simply get a smirk or the looking at his shoes...are they better at Delta....the shoes?

I just think it's funny that you are pounding your fist on the table saying NO MORE SCOPE RELIEF!!! Yet I have NEVER seen anyone on this board in all of it's millions of posts propose what they would be willing to sacrifice to purchase scope back. Instead we here things like "it's taking care of itself." Really how is it doing that? Because I've seen the seats and the weight of "scoped" aircraft get larger and larger and larger with each and every contract. But let me guess? This time is different right? Well I really truly and sincerely hope so. I would like a pair of those really nice shoes someday and as long as scope follows it's traditional path I'm not sure that I will. Rather what will happen is what always happens, you see management hold ALL the cards in bargaining. Each and every time ALPA hits a home run it's soon follow by chapter 11...read United circa 2000. The 50% will give into Top end scope protection, a bit of a raise, it's the same carrots every time.

What somewhat baffles me is that this has always been blamed on the "regional" pilot. That some how I am responsible for what YOU bargained away, weather in Bankruptcy or not. That you somehow expect me to quit going to work to feed my family for the benefit of yours. I have no illusions that your job... and shoes are better than mine, hence why most everyone is trying to get where you are.

So when the TA comes across your table for your review, don't be surprised when there is some twist on the numbers for larger jets to be operated by
regional airlines. I can see it now, as your patting each other on the back for getting rid of all those 50 seaters a rather large increase in 86 seat jets will be the cost. You will most likely declare victory for not "really" giving in on scope.

In a week you will see what is at hand and as you so eloquently pointed out it will be decided by a DELTA pilot.

I was simply trying to start a dialog on what the DELTA pilot would be willing to use as currency to purchase back scope.

That pretty much sums up what they have done since the 80's. I haven't given up though. I still say a little prayer each time they vote. Lord, please let them grow a pair! It hasn't worked yet, but He supposedly moves in mysterious ways...

You are absolutely correct it is for Delta Pilots to decide, which you so pointedly pointed out I am not. And believe me I'm reminded of that each and every time and I request a jump seat on MAINLINE or the days I walk through the terminal and say hello and simply get a smirk or the looking at his shoes...are they better at Delta....the shoes?

I just think it's funny that you are pounding your fist on the table saying NO MORE SCOPE RELIEF!!! Yet I have NEVER seen anyone on this board in all of it's millions of posts propose what they would be willing to sacrifice to purchase scope back. Instead we here things like "it's taking care of itself." Really how is it doing that? Because I've seen the seats and the weight of "scoped" aircraft get larger and larger and larger with each and every contract. But let me guess? This time is different right? Well I really truly and sincerely hope so. I would like a pair of those really nice shoes someday and as long as scope follows it's traditional path I'm not sure that I will. Rather what will happen is what always happens, you see management hold ALL the cards in bargaining. Each and every time ALPA hits a home run it's soon follow by chapter 11...read United circa 2000. The 50% will give into Top end scope protection, a bit of a raise, it's the same carrots every time.

What somewhat baffles me is that this has always been blamed on the "regional" pilot. That some how I am responsible for what YOU bargained away, weather in Bankruptcy or not. That you somehow expect me to quit going to work to feed my family for the benefit of yours. I have no illusions that your job... and shoes are better than mine, hence why most everyone is trying to get where you are.

So when the TA comes across your table for your review, don't be surprised when there is some twist on the numbers for larger jets to be operated by regional airlines. I can see it now, as your patting each other on the back for getting rid of all those 50 seaters a rather large increase in 86 seat jets will be the cost. You will most likely declare victory for not "really" giving in on scope.

In a week you will see what is at hand and as you so eloquently pointed out it will be decided by a DELTA pilot.

I was simply trying to start a dialog on what the DELTA pilot would be willing to use as currency to purchase back scope.

+1000000000!!..

Love the part about the shoes!

This is the first contract vote since all of us who spent 7-10 years at the regionals where hired at Delta. While we are, of course, the minority at Delta, I can guarantee not one of us will vote for anything that gives up one more seat. Not one 76 seater even if giving up 50s.
And, by the way, I think you'll find more and more friendly double-breasters.

So when the TA comes across your table for your review, don't be surprised when there is some twist on the numbers for larger jets to be operated by regional airlines. I can see it now, as your patting each other on the back for getting rid of all those 50 seaters a rather large increase in 86 seat jets will be the cost. You will most likely declare victory for not "really" giving in on scope.

I used to be in your shoes and now at Delta - I feel your pain and you are absolutely correct.

"And, by the way, I think you'll find more and more friendly double-breasters."

Yea, they're called "former Northwest guys."

Latest resources

Back