Delta TA-whos seen it?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Understood and agreed.

Knowing how many seats are for sale through Delta RJs now and comparing that to what you would have with the TA passing would negate all of the back-and-forth arguments of whether this TA allows for better or worse scope. I don't know if anyone agrees or not but it's just more information.

You will be shocked. There are several charts out there showing clearly that DCI is shrinking significantly with mainline getting jobs at DCI job's expense yet pilots are still in denial and believe the TA is a sellout. Scope is such an emotional subject for many that they can't think rationally when discussing it. They scream "we'll fly all the 70 seaters they want" but have no plan of action on how to implement that AND keep all the gains of this TA in a reasonable time period.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

You will be shocked. There are several charts out there showing clearly that DCI is shrinking significantly with mainline getting jobs at DCI job's expense yet pilots are still in denial and believe the TA is a sellout. Scope is such an emotional subject for many that they can't think rationally when discussing it. They scream "we'll fly all the 70 seaters they want" but have no plan of action on how to implement that AND keep all the gains of this TA in a reasonable time period.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

It's not emotional to be opposed to allowing that many more 76ers. This TA is a trade off, an the no voters are saying we can do better than this, and it's worth it to try. SOME guys are saying we fly the 76ers mainline, and I agree, that is an unrealistic view.

For those of us who plan on being here 20+ years, we'd like to take the time to get it right, because history has proven that scope is the most important part of a contract. If it takes ten years to get a contract that has MUCH better scope protections than we have here, it will be worth it to me, and to the pilot profession as a whole. We were always going to have to sacrifice big time to get Scope under control.

Yes every pilot group will do what is best for them. Each pilot group negotiates for themselves and hopefully the next pilot group uses the previous negotiation as leverage to raise the bar. Maybe you should ask why would pilot groups that qualify for food stamps pay ALPA?? I'd love to hear that answer. You tell me what you think ALPA should do when pilot group ABC votes and says yeah we like the contract, sign it.

Again. free country, don't like ALPA, and I for the record do not like them, then get rid of them, it's really that simple. I send them money because wether I like it or not they are who represent me at the table. Taking my toys and going home will get me nothing.

What should ALPA do? They should exploit as many divided/competing pilot groups as possible for the highest dues collection they can.

And if they have to welcome a small group of scabs back in order to increase membership, ala CAL, then they should reward the CAL leader by electing him ALPA president (look it up:) ).

There is money to made and ALPA should make it! Simple enough? :lol:

key phrase^^^^

Read signature below- short term $$$ has always been more important to delta than their effect on pay industry wide in the long term

Latest resources

Back