Delta TA-whos seen it?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well the title says "has anyone seen the TA"

From the things I'm hearing I'm not sure I want to see it. Sounding like a huge TURD.

The word I hear was we get 80 something 717s and DCI get 100 more 76s. If this is the case. ALPA did not hear us loud and clear. Might be time to try DPA out.

I love what I'm hearing from most of you delta guys- esp those that have been at regionals as well-
But it's important to remember that scope was never sold out easily- it was always controversial and with many twisty roads leading to the justifications for it. Everyone ought to expect a TA that is just as convoluted pitting you against yourself with the trade offs. This won't be a simplistic scope for pay deal- it'll put international code share scope against RJ scope with pay, work rules and disappearing 50 seaters (WHICH ARE GONE ANYWAY BC OF FUEL) thrown in to muddy the waters.
I wish you all good luck- I have confidence in many at DALPA- but so many more have been willing to sell out in those muddy waters, that i'm not sure which camp is the majority over there- the ones who get it or those who don't?

At the end of the day, scope is about the number of SEATS being sold out to the lowest bidder, no planes. Who gives a rats a$$ how it's divided up.... The company cares about SEATS....

My guess is this TA will not see any significant reduction in DCI seats, and who knows, maybe an increase....

You guys are "SO" woried about RJ's... While Emirates adds more and more US citys... And we can't compete with there service... Proboly the same reason Delta/United, ect don't have the A380.... Once again "so" woried about the RJ...
I think the point is Delta wants out of 200~ CRJ200's. So whats the big deal if they replace them with 100~ 900's...

Last edited:
USAPA on a bad day is far better than ALPO on a good day!

Good. Then enjoy your pathetic payrates, cause you'll be on them for the foreseeable future. Your 12 year 737 captains make what a 12 year Delta or a 4th year Southwest 737 first officer makes presently.

You guys are "SO" woried about RJ's... While Emirates adds more and more US citys... And we can't compete with there service... Proboly the same reason Delta/United, ect don't have the A380.... Once again "so" woried about the RJ...
I think the point is Delta wants out of 200~ CRJ200's. So whats the big deal if they replace them with 100~ 900's...

Or 50 757s
or 25 747s

Bingo! Someone finally gets it. TOP END SCOPE is way more important than the rj problem which appears to be fixing itself anyway.

Bingo! Someone finally gets it. TOP END SCOPE is way more important than the rj problem which appears to be fixing itself anyway.

Bill Swelbar said it best, stop worrying about Duluth and start thinking about Shanghai.

Even Lee Moak figured out its dumb to fight over routes that barely make money, if at all

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

What I would like to see is no cap on 76 seat aircraft if delta thinks that's what they need to make money. Here is the thing though: any regional who operates an aircraft larger than 50 seats for delta must only fly for delta and no other carrier and must be given a delta seniority number. No delta pilot may be downgraded or furloughed because of this transaction. For all the mainline pilots so worried about 76 seat aircraft Inthink you should worry about top scope more it's more dangerous

Latest resources

Back