• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Pilots Say 'Yes'

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nice try, if all the crap goes to the NWA side, the new merger will bring both houses down as 4500 pissed of NWA pilots take pleasure in making that happen.

Anderson will never let that happen. He's way too smart for that.

If you are junior at either carrier............. you know the rest.

you are absolutely right...the only way RA could make this work is to buy the piece he wants...the Pacific stuff...DAL doesn't need anything else. So how many pilots at NW are Pacific pilots? Will they be pissed too? i doubt it...

you are absolutely right...the only way RA could make this work is to buy the piece he wants...the Pacific stuff...DAL doesn't need anything else. So how many pilots at NW are Pacific pilots? Will they be pissed too? i doubt it...

Pacific division doesn't make squat without those crappy dc-9's filling them up.

You're right I am junior which is why I'm glad that our mec being unable to work out a deal with NWALPA that was fair and realistic to BOTH sides, chose do deal with REALITY and understand that this sh!tstorm was comming our way whether or not we want it. If it was going to be forced on us at least our MEC has taken the initiative to make it the least painless on it's members.

I sincerely HOPE that this is all just more "negotiating" in the media and that it's meant to "scare" the NWMEC back to realistic and fair negotiations. I don't for a second want anyone of us furloughed....on EITHER side of the house, but when push comes to shove, if there are a/c to be parked and guys to be furloughed then it should come down on the side that hasn't played along.

I do know one thing: I don't want our two great airlines to be heading down the path of the US Airways debacle. How about if we CHOOSE not to let personality's, attitudes and opinions degrade any further.

We need to re-introduce an amount of civility in our discussions. I am willing: Are the rest of you?

Probably not yet, but there will be a time for that.

Parts may be the answer. We will find out by pay day, or at a min before we know where we will be flying next month.

I don't think anyone could be righteously upset that two newly merged companies furloughed whatever pilots who'se pre merger planes were parked. Thinking you can mostly park DC-9''s yet mostly furlough Delta pilots is a non negotiable impasse, if that indeed was ever anyone's expectation.

I don't think anyone could be righteously upset that two newly merged companies furloughed whatever pilots who'se pre merger planes were parked. Thinking you can mostly park DC-9''s yet mostly furlough Delta pilots is a non negotiable impasse, if that indeed was ever anyone's expectation.

Righteous or not there'll be plenty of pissed-off guys. Ever hear of Midatlantic?

I'm not getting a warm fuzzy feeling about this one. Good luck to all the junior guys.

Whoa....Delta PILOTS have not said YES...only the MEC. We get to vote on it. And if there is one furlough...then it is a simple NO here. I am not that junior but I am not going to sell out the guys who just left a commuter job and are now going to thrown to the wolves.
I have heard some good things from my LEC rep...just some speculation of course, but DAL's contract is going to look real good to the NWA guys...call it bait. This will be used to get them to work out the senority issue or be left out - simple as that.

I hope I am right about no furloughs...I guess we will see soon enough...but remember we all have a vote on this one.

Latest resources

Back