• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Pilots Say 'Yes'

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Micheal....I don't think that's the case at all, I think he did what he was elected to do...look out for DAL Pilots....ALL of us. .

yeah, tell me how LOQ 51 has worked out for the junior pilots. How much cash did you get? Do you think you go a fair amount relative to the senior pilots? Have you moved up a seat? How many more Delta pilots would be captains if we held the line at 76 seats?

Look, I hope history does not repeat itself. I hope all pilots are covered by this deal. If so, I will come back here and admit I was wrong. But based on past history I don't have much faith in our current union administration. The LEC reps though, at least in ATL, are good. I will wait to hear what they have to say.

Look, I hope history does not repeat itself. I hope all pilots are covered by this deal. If so, I will come back here and admit I was wrong. But based on past history I don't have much faith in our current union administration. The LEC reps though, at least in ATL, are good. I will wait to hear what they have to say.

Cautious skepticism is good.

I think we need to see the deal before we cast judgment.

Quite true.
What is the time frame for this FDJ?
Deal is good to go so how long do you think management will sit on it?

Fwiw

Delta, pilots reach deal on contract: report
Thursday April 10, 7:18 pm ET

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Delta Air Lines (NYSE:DAL - News) and its pilots union have tentatively agreed on a contract that would give pilots a pay raise and an equity stake if the carrier were to merge with Northwest Airlines (NYSE:NWA - News), according to a Bloomberg report late on Thursday.
ADVERTISEMENT

Northwest and Delta would not confirm the report that Delta had negotiated a separate deal with its 7,000 pilots. Northwest's 5,000 pilots would be asked to join under a single contract later.

The apparent deal is another sign that Delta and Northwest could move forward with their plans to create the world's largest airline as early as next week.

The deal does not resolve the sticking point that prevented Delta and Northwest from proposing a merger in the first place last month -- how pilots from both airlines would resolve seniority issues and work together under one company.

In fact, the two pilot groups had agreed during their negotiations on seniority to back a proposal for higher pay and a stake in the combined carrier.

Sorting out seniority could take months to complete or even wait until after a merger is finalized.

Both pilot groups, represented by the Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA), have said they would not support consolidation unless terms of a deal were favorable to them.

Bloomberg, citing people familiar with the talks, said the combined company would retain the Delta name, its Atlanta headquarters, and be run by Delta Chief Executive Richard Anderson. Those three elements were part of the original plan as well.

The merger would include a small premium for Northwest investors, Bloomberg reported.

On the New York Stock Exchange, Delta closed up 9.4 percent at $9.75, while Northwest climbed 12.6 percent to $10.87.

Any details on new scope changes, if any? Hopefully the scope limit on 76's gets smaller for a combined list. I think that was discussed on the last DAL contract offer. Also, what can you guys negotiate to prevent whipsaws for the linkers/connectioners?

Latest resources

Back