• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Pilots Say 'Yes'

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We get to vote on it. And if there is one furlough...then it is a simple NO here. I am not that junior but I am not going to sell out the guys who just left a commuter job and are now going to thrown to the wolves.

Thanks from someone who is VERY junior! :)

I don't think anyone could be righteously upset that two newly merged companies furloughed whatever pilots who'se pre merger planes were parked. Thinking you can mostly park DC-9''s yet mostly furlough Delta pilots is a non negotiable impasse, if that indeed was ever anyone's expectation.

That is correct. If we are merging and they are parking the DC9s, it would not be fair to furlough pilots who never flew them. Sorry. Get rid of what is not wanted first, and then merge. That is when you can look at your true career expectations.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Whoa....Delta PILOTS have not said YES...only the MEC. We get to vote on it. And if there is one furlough...then it is a simple NO here. I am not that junior but I am not going to sell out the guys who just left a commuter job and are now going to thrown to the wolves.
I have heard some good things from my LEC rep...just some speculation of course, but DAL's contract is going to look real good to the NWA guys...call it bait. This will be used to get them to work out the senority issue or be left out - simple as that.

I hope I am right about no furloughs...I guess we will see soon enough...but remember we all have a vote on this one.

I won't vote yes to furlough any Delta pilots. Nope. Neither will I vote yes to give away 100 seaters. No way.

Bye Bye--General Lee

you are right again...who needs dc9's when RA has M88's to fill up the Pac fleet!

We may get some used MD90s to fill in for a few of those DC9s.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Posted on April 10th, 2008 – 3:07 PM
By Casey Common This just in: Bloomberg News reported that the Delta pilots have OK’d their revised contract —

That would come as a surprise to the DAL MEC. I have no doubt that there are negotiations underway and probably completed, but to the best of my knowledge nothing has been "OK'd."

Nice try, if all the crap goes to the NWA side, the new merger will bring both houses down as 4500 pissed of NWA pilots take pleasure in making that happen.

What crap? Your PWA? The Delta pilots aren't doing anything to the NWA pilots. You live under your contract, we'll live under ours.

One of our priorities during negotiations was to have stronger scope language that would give us leverage in just such a merger scenario. You had a different priority.

We are simply using our hard fought leverage to improve our contract. We offered to bring you along, but you refused the offer, which is your right. So stop whining about it. Get your own contractual improvements.

The DAL pilots are under no obligation to use their leverage to improve your contract. We'll do it, but not under your terms.

If we merge and achieve a joint contract, 3-4 years from now, then you'll get the jointly negotiated gains, until that time, you simply aren't entitled to the benefits of our contract.

Latest resources

Back