Delta New Hire Class Breakdown?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ACL65,

So since I got the NG in ATL I'll now be going to NYC! That would suck. Especially since I'm all paid up for my crashpad in ATL. I hope what you are saying is not correct. If I do have to go to NYC instead of ATL then I hope the company would give me some kind of compensation for all the preparation I've put into being based in ATL (like renting a crashpad). The owner of my crashpad requires 30 days notice prior to vacating. Losing that months rent would be a huge hit for me since I'm still on training pay till I finish IOE.

Last edited:
I was told this from someone who was in the top three of the original class. The were on the 88 here and then they got a call telling them that they were 88 NYC. On top of it they did not have a award to come back to ATL so they will have to wait until the next one to get an award. Basically they are looking at a Feb. conversion.
For you I hope that it is not true.

So, did Ops say they were contacting everyone about their senoirity number changing and or base changing in the last couple of days. If so I'm still waiting on my phone call!!!

That is what I was told. I guess that it will take a few days to get through the 160 or so pilots affected.

That is what I was told. I guess that it will take a few days to get through the 160 or so pilots affected.

So, people who are on a particular aircraft will NOT be kicked off that plane, but may lose their intial base choice? Is that right? If someone got the 73N (and in reality would have gotten the MD88 NYC had the seniority been correct) in ATL, he/she could now be given a different base? No change in aircraft, only in base? Will this latest class that just started last week be the only one with a change in Aircraft assignments and bases?

Bye Bye--General Lee

From what I was told yes, I asked since I would have had a choice in aircraft and would have been converted a lot sooner. They told me that of VP made that decision and no one would be changing aircraft. Sucks for me, but it is what it is.

So, people who are on a particular aircraft will NOT be kicked off that plane, but may lose their intial base choice? Is that right? If someone got the 73N (and in reality would have gotten the MD88 NYC had the seniority been correct) in ATL, he/she could now be given a different base? No change in aircraft, only in base? Will this latest class that just started last week be the only one with a change in Aircraft assignments and bases?

Bye Bye--General Lee
Do you have any business being here? Why not go back to your own airline........

From what I was told yes, I asked since I would have had a choice in aircraft and would have been converted a lot sooner. They told me that of VP made that decision and no one would be changing aircraft. Sucks for me, but it is what it is.

Call your union rep. They may be able to help you out without dragging your name into it.

Later

Latest resources

Back