• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Crash at ASE...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Be careful out there guys,remember there's Rifle airport to the nortwest and Eagle to the northeast, about 1 hours drive to Aspen. Do not play games and mess around with ASE when weather is iffy at best. I fly in there at least four times a month and almost half the time wind up going to my alternate during winter. I hope nothing but the best for survivors and for a qiuck recovery.

From listening to the tape, it looks like the fire CFR trucks were rolling in just about one minute after the crash. That's pretty damn fast no matter where it is

The CFR call sign is Striker, or something close to that. I appears the aircraft crashed at about 21:55 and the trucks were rolling at 22:51.

Love how N505BC gives himself clearance to land at 2:25. :eek:

Love how N505BC gives himself clearance to land at 2:25. :eek:
Why was anybody landing with wind of 330 gusting 25. High true air speeds plus tailwinds equals just what happened.

Why was anybody landing with wind of 330 gusting 25. High true air speeds plus tailwinds equals just what happened.

Agreed-the pilot received clearance to land and acknowledged with "Roger". Wonder if he really understood what was going on.

Sad and chilling.

Chilling audio to say the least. How many aircraft landed with tower reporting tailwinds exceeding max allowable TW component? 30 knots, good God Captain, divert!

Again, thoughts and prayers to all involved. I predict tighter restrictions into ASE going forward re: - wind reports and approach clearances. Let Biff and Muffy drive the hour from RIL and live to see another cocktail party.

I hate that place.

Join the club my friend, I averaged once a week for over 16 years combined operating in and out of ASE. Starting out in Jet Commanders in the mid 70's and ending up in Falcon 50/900EXs.

The last three years before I retired I strarted dreaded going there. Unless clear and million with light winds.

Latest resources

Back