• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Country's top ambulance chaser after Comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am not too edumacated but can someone answer me this?

If this crash is attracting the "Best Lawyers", then there are going to be some substancial payouts.

Comair has insurance for this sort of thing...Now, not saying it is, but if Comair was found to be at fault, can this sort of accident and heavy claims put Comair out of business?

Tina Fey's Scar said:
It's usually a 33.3% fee

Usually 40% and up to 60% if they have to go to trial. For good measure, the attorney will deduct any expenses from the plaintiff's cut and those expenses will be huge!!!! Things like $3/per page for a fax and $150/hour for his secretary will truly raise his cut. The family's would be better off settling by themselves. If it ever became a class action, they would get royally screwed. The pain of a losing a loved one is bad enough, but you seldom hear about the pain a "plaintiff's" lawyer can cause.

Devil's advocate here. There has to be a financial disincentive to help prevent events like this. If one of your loved-ones was harmed by a (insert tort here ... Pinto gas tank, knowingly defective medications that cause birth defects/heart ailments ...) you would want money not to assuage your mourning but to hurt the bastards that did this to your family. Obviously a lot of this has gone too far with product safety labels taking up more than 50% of the instruction on how to use a ladder, but if corporations had their way there would be no compensation whatsoever (sorry we sold you a defective product -- you lose!)

The lawyers cut can be extreme. But if they get a larger total settlement, both theirs and their clients' checks will be that much larger.

What do you guys think is fair compensation for a loved one buring to death?

His name is Stan Chelsea. Dude lives in CVG and makes a living suing hometown Comair. Sued them back in 97 too.

His website is http://www.wsbclaw.com/ . I think I'll go email a note with a "bit of cristicism" in it. Feel free to do the same.

I'm sure she will be there.

If the families would only hire their attorneys by the hour, they would recieve good representation and apprpriate service for the amount paid to the attorney.

GogglesPisano said:
What do you guys think is fair compensation for a loved one buring to death?

buring? never heard of that form of death.

I dunno....whatever compensation would bring them back.

I'm just tired of reading in each newspaper article that the airplane veered down the wrong runway. It makes me think of some kind of silly movie like Airplane, I wish they would just use a less haphazard sounding word.

Call me crazy, but....

If your kid died in a 121 crash because the pilots took off on the wrong runway, your telling me you wouldnt sue the airline?

I damn sure would. I told my wife the 1st day I took a flying job if I ever died flying, sue the company, and anybody else you could... EVEN IF THE CRASH WAS MY FAULT!

Latest resources

Back