• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL management just said POUND SAND

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This message is hidden because instructordude is on your ignore list.

Don't feed the troll.

Click on USER CP on the top menu bar.
Click EDIT IGNORE LIST
Type INSTRUCTORDUDE
Click OKAY

I've asked this question several times and not gotten an answer.

What happens when you go on strike, and the regional pilots (or even the non-union SKW pilots) refuse to honor the picket line en-masse? Then what? Management replaces you with the cheap regional pilots? Sounds like the end of ALPA to me. ALPA will never call that strike.

I agree that the blatant violation of your contract is unacceptable, but maybe all the groups involved should get together and find a mutual solution. Cooler heads must prevail or we're all screwed.

ALPA better be ready to call that strike. It's no less than was done for Prater and the rest of his generation.

So we go on strike and a bunch of regional pilots don't honor it and the contract gets tossed out. Am I suppose to be surprised? Of course I'm not! In fact, I'm counting on it. Please feel free to cross the picket line hun. Work for 50% wage and keep it going. My fellow strikers and I will take some time off and collect strike pay. (If nobody pays it and we shutter ALPA, that's a plus as well!) You or any number of your contemporaries can keep the airline going; Fine by me. Enjoy the terrible work rules and low pay that comes with being a replacement worker. Strikers will still have a spot on the seniority list. We'll be back to boot the scabs out of our seat when retirements start and it's time to get paid.

What else are we suppose to do? Our fight for scope is a defacto pay raise for you if we win. And if we lose, its a win for you as well. You're welcome!! You've got a great deal and you didn't have to get your hands dirty. What exactly did you mean by finding a mutual solution? "Cooler heads must prevail or we're all screwed"? Is the current reality somehow not good enough for you?! Let me see, you probably want us to throw you a welcome to Houston party? God forbid we ask that you simply not violate our contract. Right?

Here is a very plausible scenario:

UAL/CAL strikes, a bunch of regional pilots cross the picket line, but the airline is going down fast as it loses billions, UAL/CAL ALPA settle strike with the company. One of the conditions is that all SCABS must go. Now, you gave up your regional job, have been terminated from UAL/CAL, and labeled a SCAB. What would your next move be??? Hope you have a backup career, with the extent of electronic media, the days of a SCAB will be quite different than years ago.

Yogi

PS. For some of you who will say you can go back to your regional, nope, you have been replaced by a flight instructor just waiting for that job!!!

Last edited:
This message is hidden because instructordude is on your ignore list.

Don't feed the troll.

Click on USER CP on the top menu bar.
Click EDIT IGNORE LIST
Type INSTRUCTORDUDE
Click OKAY

why ignore him. I find his blatant attempts at FLAME hilarious...And its very entertaining watching you guys get worked up as well

ALPA better be ready to call that strike. It's no less than was done for Prater and the rest of his generation.

So we go on strike and a bunch of regional pilots don't honor it and the contract gets tossed out. Am I suppose to be surprised? Of course I'm not! In fact, I'm counting on it. Please feel free to cross the picket line hun. Work for 50% wage and keep it going. My fellow strikers and I will take some time off and collect strike pay. (If nobody pays it and we shutter ALPA, that's a plus as well!) You or any number of your contemporaries can keep the airline going; Fine by me. Enjoy the terrible work rules and low pay that comes with being a replacement worker. Strikers will still have a spot on the seniority list. We'll be back to boot the scabs out of our seat when retirements start and it's time to get paid.

What else are we suppose to do? Our fight for scope is a defacto pay raise for you if we win. And if we lose, its a win for you as well. You're welcome!! You've got a great deal and you didn't have to get your hands dirty. What exactly did you mean by finding a mutual solution? "Cooler heads must prevail or we're all screwed"? Is the current reality somehow not good enough for you?! Let me see, you probably want us to throw you a welcome to Houston party? God forbid we ask that you simply not violate our contract. Right?

She flies for Delta.

eP.

Besides, I doubt most regional pilots wants to stay at the regionals, they want to move on to better paying jobs, hence, pulling the flying inhouse would work best for them as well.

Exactly, thank you!

eP.

It's their job to make profits for the shareholders not make us millionaires for only working half the month. I personally believe managment would welcome us to communicate more and solve these problems. Management is not some evil group up at headquarters trying to make our lives miserable. They have a tough job and put in a lot of hours. Give them some respect for gods sakes!!

:laugh:

It's their job to make profits for the shareholders not make us millionaires for only working half the month. I personally believe managment would welcome us to communicate more and solve these problems. Management is not some evil group up at headquarters trying to make our lives miserable. They have a tough job and put in a lot of hours. Give them some respect for gods sakes!!

Right....................................

UA Flights from CO Hubs

By now you have heard of plans by the new United Airlines to operate some 70-seat United Express flights out of Continental hub cities. This has been characterized by some as an intentional action on the part of management meant to insult the pilot group. You should be assured that this is not the case.

Now that the corporate merger has closed, United Airlines is one company operating two separate airlines. This is an arrangement we are obligated to maintain until we reach a joint Collective Bargaining Agreement, until ALPA completes the seniority integration of the CAL and UAL pilot groups, and until we obtain a single operating certificate from the FAA. The provisions of the CBA recognize this transition period and allow cooperation with United flights, whether it be for a United flight they have chosen to operate with a 150-seat jet or for a flight United has chosen to operate with a 70-seat jet.

We are working to optimize our combined network in order to increase our feeds through the hubs. This feed will flow onto larger mainline jets and create jobs for mainline pilots in larger aircraft – it is part of a strategy that allowed Continental to offer recall to all 148 pilots we had on furlough. We are using the assets available to the new United to enhance your future, not harm it.

The Company believes that optimizing our network in this way does not violate the contract – we would not do it if we thought it did. We have shared our explanation of this with ALPA and remain committed to working quickly through the issue with them, offering to take the issue to a neutral third-party arbitrator on an expedited basis if we cannot resolve it between ourselves. At the same time we will continue to meet with the ALPA Joint Negotiating Committee to quickly develop new work rules and compensation rates which will govern our combined airline going forward.

As we have asked the chairmen of both the United and Continental MECs to pass along to you, we appreciate the hard work you do and the focus you have kept on running a safe and reliable airline in spite of all the distractions around us which are unavoidable through the merger.

Latest resources

Back