• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL management just said POUND SAND

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How's the internet connection in your parent's basement instructordoosh?

Exactly. How about talking with managment and finding some common ground. A little communication and honesty goes a long way.

We have already offered a middle ground. They can have as many 70+, 90+ or 100+ airplanes they want. The only thing we require is that the CAL/UAL pilots fly them.

I would hope in the future the union will talk up the safety factor of having all flying done under the same umbrella of the airline you are paying your money to. Shouldn't someone buying a Continental ticket expect to have Continental equipment, Continental crews and Continental training taking them to where they want to go?

I'm not saying regional training is inferior, just that it should be the same. The only way to insure that is to have it under one company, not scattered about one main company and 5 or 6 different regionals.

If you have to take a connection flight those tickets should be sold as the regional that is flying them, with "Continental Connection" in small print, not "flown by Skywest" in small print.

It's their job to make profits for the shareholders not make us millionaires for only working half the month. I personally believe managment would welcome us to communicate more and solve these problems. Management is not some evil group up at headquarters trying to make our lives miserable. They have a tough job and put in a lot of hours. Give them some respect for gods sakes!!

This is one of the funnier things I have ever read. May I make a suggestion - next time just write "I have no idea what I am talking about" much quicker and to the point.

instructordude..

man, i gotta give it to you.. you're either a flamer here testing people's thresholds/inteligence or you really are an excellent brown-noser. Why be a pilot- you should apply for mngmt position instead. They would love you in there

This is a blatant attack on our 'will' to protect our scope. Plain and simple. There's no mistake that Smisek and his management team our probing for weakness. It's just unfortunate that we have management teams that continue to take a path or direction that's contrary to a good working relationship between working groups and their leaders. Trust? Please. There's 1500 pilots on furlough at UAL that are there because of scope relief. They get it, we see it, and we're gonna defend our scope for the sake of our careers. Nothing to lose here.

Was at one of the CEO road-shows recently. Smisek made it pretty clear that 1) 70-seat RJ's are coming, and 2) They will never be flown by main-line pilots...

Don't shoot the messenger, just passing that on.

Guys and Gals,

Don't back down from this issue, to much ground has already been ceeded to the lowest cost operator, the scummier the better, everyone gains from getting the flying inhouse!

Do the CAL/UAL pilots have the stones to strike over this? NO!! They will just continue to blame regional pilots for the demise of their outsourced jobs.

I'd rather walk out of this job on my own terms. If I don't go on strike (when it's called for), then I'll get outsourced. The decision to go on strike is an easy one in my book.

Latest resources

Back