• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best Crew Bag.?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The old Costco bags were pretty good, but once they break the new ones just don't do the job. I held out for a while, but now have the stealth by luggageworks. Just get it over with and get the stealth. Best bag bar none. Its a no brainer.

Said it before, will say it again: the former ramp rat in me can't say enough good things about the Luggage Works Stealth because I've (unintentionally) run one over with a Tug and the damage was minimal. I saw my share of destroyed luggage back then...never a Luggage Works product, though.

I was so damn impressed, I bought one myself. I don't lug mine around as much as you guys do, but it has stood up to tons of commuting/international travel abuse and still looks great.

You must have had one that was built other than a monday or friday. I commute on regionals alot and my LW is a pos after 3 years, fabric torn, zippers busted, generally looks like crap and my J-hook bent to crap. I still can't figure out how that happened, when I asked I got a blank look. LW is not all that.

LW-stealth, 8+ years.[/QUOTE

Well, you must not be on the CRJ or the Saab where you have to put it in the back and let the rampies throw it around. MIne is 1 1/2 years old and has torn zippers and all the metal is bent. Sure wish the MSP FAA was not such of bunch of dusch bags and would allow us to bring it in the airplane. Might save me $400 every 3-4 years

I got my Stealth round about 2000 and was still going strong this year. No rips, bent frames, or failing zips yet. All original. Now that's not to say it its in rough shape cosmetically.

Now I have had friends who bought the same bag just within the last few years, under the same conditions and they mirror what captainzero1 and xjhawk said... all zips broken, tearing fabric, and bent frames.

Did ownership change over the years perhaps or is quality just not as good as it used to be??

Just my 2 Pence!!

I have a 26" LW stealth I inherited from a friend of mine after he passed. It's OLD and it still holds up well. I have some cracking issues around where the handle brackets screw in, but that's about to get fixed...

As I said, I had a LuggageWorks, but retired it mainly due to its weight.

It also required multiple overhauls in its 8-year life (at my expense), including a replacement of the "indestructible" frame. When you realize that the cheap cast metal frame isn't as rock-solid as it "feels," you start looking for bags that are tough in the right places, and flexible where it matters. I have two years now on my Costco bag, and the only thing it needed was a drop of oil on one of the wheels about a year ago.

No bag is indestructible. The LW were fairly tough, but they had to be, because throwing them around is the only way the rampies can handle them without injury.

Latest resources

Back