• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best Crew Bag.?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Luggage Works all the way. Yeah, they're a bit heavier, but still not bad. I can pack my 26 Stealth for and 18 day trip and it ways 46 to 48 pounds.

I too had it overhauled once and I second j41driver's comment on their excellent customer service.

As for loosening screws, Loctite Threadlocker Blue 242 works wonders.

Tried the Loctite twice, screws still would not stay tight, found that the holes had become elongated and therefore would work the screws loose.

My best bag EVER was a cheap American Tourister. Lasted 4 years. In fact, I would still have it if the wheels were replacable.

To replace it, I bought a LuggageWorks Regal II. Don't buy this bag! The handle and J-hook strap broke on me after a little over a year. And that was after very light usage. Their customer service has been great, thus far, though.

My best bag EVER was a cheap American Tourister. Lasted 4 years. In fact, I would still have it if the wheels were replacable.

To replace it, I bought a LuggageWorks Regal II. Don't buy this bag! The handle and J-hook strap broke on me after a little over a year. And that was after very light usage. Their customer service has been great, thus far, though.

Dude, you went that route cause you're cheap. Listen to everyone and buy the Stealth by Luggage Works. That's what all the pilots are buying. It's worth the $270.

Dude, you went that route cause you're cheap. Listen to everyone and buy the Stealth by Luggage Works. That's what all the pilots are buying. It's worth the $270.

No, I went that way cause I don't want a 35 pound bag that looks like hell when all the metal starts bending and the paint chips off.

What I really want is my original American Tourister back. That bag was great.

I bought the luggage works all metal "I'm gonna kick your behind" version with the steel cage roll bars and crumple zone. There is no question that the body and, specifically, wheels are about as good as they get in the luggage department.

That said, I'm constantly losing screws and my handle continuously falls off and the zipper track is all torn up. Turnaround time is too long for repair as I work for ASA and I'll likely have done five 4 day trips in the 4 weeks it takes to get the bag back (don't do the math. it won't add up i know). I've had it for about 4 years. Zipper went tits up about a year ago.

My next bag will be a Briggs and Riley. I have one of their computer cases and it is of better build quality than what I've seen from Luggage Works--especially the zipper. Just am not ready to drop $350.00 for a bag right now.

The Luggage Works is a good bag, and I hear their recent models have better zippers, so you probably won't go wrong. I'll rave about their wheels. I've rolled that thing, with my 30lb flightcase attached, down the D-concourse stairs in ATL (pre-jetbridge days) many-a-time and they still roll smoothly.

Last edited:
Sure wish the MSP FAA was not such of bunch of dusch bags and would allow us to bring it in the airplane.

Damn FAA. Always ruining everything for everyone. It's probably that way just to make you buy bags every so often.

Anyone own the LW and the Strong bag? I'm leaning toward the lighter option but there isn't much info out there on the strongbag. The two things I don't like about the strongbag right off the bat are the lack of side pockets which are pretty handy and the lack of divider which i use to separate my workout shoes from the rest of my clothes. Other than that it looks like a top notch product

Latest resources

Back