• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avantair Union

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So my incident was pre-rule and pre-training. Interesting.

Look, I'm not perfect. Never said I was. I got sideways on a contaminated runway in a Piaggio. I made a mistake and busted an ADIZ. Both half a decade ago. The runway was a procedural thing that has been corrected. The ADIZ was a lapse in situational awareness. Maybe a big one I concede. I was so focused on the trees I missed the forest.

But it was an honest oversight. I didn't go out trying to bust regs. A little different than stealing money from fellow pilots or filming an approach.

btw, the ADIZ is a violation I get to carry around for the rest of my life. Theft and filming are things that will eventually fade with time as long as the behavior stops. Life ain't fair.

There were like 2-3 pilots that I took one extra coupon from instead of 50/50 cause they were a pain in my ass... Was it stupid & immature, YES. Did I get a bad reputation from that & acting like Adolf Hilter in the cockpit, YES. Did working as a PIC at Avantair start to drive me insane, YES! Why would I want a video of me flying with a major ex-airforce pilot pain in the ass customer in the back that I knew was a dick head from a previous flight? There is only soooo much controlling of other people's action you can do when your hand flying in the traffic pattern... We both got asked to resign! So I paid for that mistake.

Just think if the FAA had any foresight with there regulation writing you might be violation free right now, like me! Yay, I escaped violation free!

Last edited:
Think this conversation has gone off track a bit? Probly better if neither of you talk for a while? Just an observation...

4 posts in the past four months (this makes 5) and I get "shushed"...

:rollyeyes:

So my incident was pre-rule and pre-training. Interesting.

Look, I'm not perfect. Never said I was. I got sideways on a contaminated runway in a Piaggio. I made a mistake and busted an ADIZ. Both half a decade ago. The runway was a procedural thing that has been corrected. The ADIZ was a lapse in situational awareness. Maybe a big one I concede. I was so focused on the trees I missed the forest.

But it was an honest oversight. I didn't go out trying to bust regs. A little different than stealing money from fellow pilots or filming an approach.

btw, the ADIZ is a violation I get to carry around for the rest of my life. Theft and filming are things that will eventually fade with time as long as the behavior stops. Life ain't fair.

You are a good man for taking responsibility...but sshrae is probably right and it doesn't appear his comment was meant for a single individual.

"Hammerhead" would be a sweet handle.

Asspilot has to be the biggest dickhead on this entire board. Nothing but a bully and a trouble-maker and never stops.

Asspilot has to be the biggest dickhead on this entire board. Nothing but a bully and a trouble-maker and never stops.

You call me 'Asspilot' and 'biggest dickhead' and somehow I'm the bully?

On second thought, that makes perfect sense on this forum.

Understood Shark.

I'm just wondering if having another union shop in the fractional segment will change the bargaining dynamic at ALL union fractional shops that are negotiating now or will be soon. Or will the fact that Flex is still non-union be successfully* exploited by management in reducing expectations.

Operative word here is SUCCESSFULLY. We know they'll try.

Several thoughts. Flex has a significant competitive advantage by being non union. The owners and prospective owners will certainly like that and the pilot work force will be more flexible because of it. Also, I expect Avantair to go out of business within the year, the final straw being the union vote, just like CA. All this is good for NJA because the competition is being eliminated, but the big winner long term is FLEX, I suspect. Unless they go union too, which would be good for NJA and FLOPS.

Latest resources

Back